The Ball | 20

....

.

..

...

....

" I'm way more excited about this ball than I was before! " I cheered and tried my best to patiently wait for Barnaby and Howdy, although it was a struggle.

" Y/n, you better calm down before you start to sweat. " Poppy warned me, but kept her beak in her book.

* Ding Dong *

" They're here, let's go!" I bolted up from my seat on the couch, grabbed her arm, and ran towards the door.

" Hello Poppy, you sure look nice. Oh, and hi, Y/n. " Howdy greeted and handed Poppy a Grey flower, although it was weird, I didn't want to ask and offend them.

" Ah, hi Y/n, thanks for being my date tonight, haha..." The blue dog shook my hand with a nervous look. " Thanks, you too..." I smiled as he handed me the same type of flower Poppy had.

" Shall we get going? It's almost time...?" Howdy tapped his food and checked his watch. " Yeah, we should get a move on." Poppy smirked and grabbed one of Howdy's arms. " Great idea, let's get a move on!" I declared.

****

It didn't usally take a long time to get to Wally's house, but for some reason, this time it seemed to take even longer. The path seemed distorted or something, I really couldn't put my finger on it...The sky was gray, like storm cloud gray. The air smelled stuffy, and it was cold, very cold.

We had finally had it to Wally's house....Home...and he looked completly different. He was still kinda red, but he had a gray fade to him just like the rest of the outside. " Welcome!" A high pitched voice called out. It was...Wally? That's...weird....

" Heya Wally. " Howdy waved as Wally handed him a butterfly mask. " I'm no Wally, silly! I'm a flower!" He took into defence and changed positons. " Yeah guys, thats uh...that's not Wally..." Poppy raised a brow and grabbed her bird decorated mask and carefully placed it on her. Barnaby didn't seem to be fooled by the flowers prank. He probably could tell by the smell of him, or maybe didn't even care.

The rather annoying thing was that everyones mask was fancy and went perfectly with them, but mines was just plain white! Once I placed the mask on my face I followed behind Poppy who was trying to navigate down the long hallway. I don't know how Home is able to change himself like...this...although I shouldn't be suprised, he is a house from a magical world.

Home was now white within the insides, and was plastered with art of Wally all over the walls in the strangest ways. For example, he was replaced with Mona Lisa, and that screaming person painting was now him. I could'nt tell if this was a joke or not...

By the time we found our way to the proper room, I spotted Sally and Jullie boogying down near the stage where music was playing. Frank was playing the violin on the stage with the band, and Eddie was making his plate. The thing I was still kind of concerned about was everyone else in the room, including the band, but excluding Frank, was...you guessed it, Wallys...The only reason I knew was because all of their voices were high-pitched.

I was pretty nervous because I was scared I would run into the real Wally. It also was weird to be in Home again after what had happened.

" Hey gal pals, come dance with us! " Sally waved both me and Poppy over. " Wow you guys look amazing, this is gona be a great night! " Jullie said and began to do a different dance. Poppy laughed and started to spin me around like something you would see in a ballet performence. After a few seconds the music had stopped and the room went drop dead silent.