A date...? | 63

*

**

***

Today is going quite lovely. Me and Wally finally had some alone time with each other. Not anything romantic, I swear! It was just us hanging out, I shouldn't have used the words "alone time", hanging out is the correct words. Nothing special happens when you say that. Oh, and you're probably wondering what we're doing. Wally and I are currently baking, which I guess I should be paying more attention to the food unless something might happen, like I don't know... the kitchen burning down.

" So, Y/n... you can have the first taste if you want, although it needs to cool off. " Wally intructed, unting his apron and hanging in back up on his rack. He then put away all of the spices and cleaned off the counter.

Me and Wally had made an apple pie..although it was more so him who put in the work.

" Mhm..!" I nodded and patiently sat down at the kitchen counter, waiting for the pie to cool. " I hope you'll enjoy it, darling. I may or may not've added a secret ingredient to the pie~" The puppet winked and took a seat in front of me. Wally then took out a pinky sized fork and somehow got a whole slice on the fork.

" Now say " Ahhhhh~ " Wally smiled and held the slice up to my mouth. " Wait..It's hot.....!" I giggle and slightly push it away. " No, no, it has cooled off!" Wally pouted and put in back where it was before. " Fine..." I mummbled and opened wide..and unsuprisingly, the pie was very good.

" I'm glad you like it, Y/n!" Wally read my face, I'm guessing, then he took a bite of the pie with his eyes.

" So blinking is how you eat?" I asked, leaning in. " Well, it is how I eat natrually, but if I wanted to blink un-naturally, I could. I just don't do it because it's aquward for me. " Wally tapped his chin. " It's getting awfully late, I'm going to head to bed..Oh and one more thing.." He stood up and yawned, stopping at the doorstep. " Mhm..?"

" Would you possibly want to go on a....on a date...with...me...? It would be tomorrow at the cherry tree if you were to accecpt.." Wally chuckled nervously,  scratching the back of his neck. " I.....sure...!" I said a bit too excited.

Wally then nodded and left me there..alone... there to collect my thoughts...

Maybe I was wrong about the whole..non romantic thing...I was just reading the signs wrong..Or maybe he didn't mean date as a date..we are just friends after all!

*****

" Y/n, I have been waiting for this to happen. You have no idea!" Poppy exclaimed and carefully placed a bow in my hair. She then picked up her lint remover and started to roll it across my dress.

( Outfit looks like this barbies plaid pink dress from the movie )

" I just don't understand why he asked me on a date, y'know.." I grummbled  and slunched my back over, but Poppy then gave me a lecture about good posture. " Sorry... But like I was saying.. He doesn't like me and never shows a sign of it, so I'm dumbfonded.." I looked down at my feet, but she held my chin up.

" Don't say that, Y/n.. He clearly likes you enough to want to go on a date with ya'.." Poppy gave an encouraging smile. " Well, thank you..and also, thanks for the dress. You always are here for me.." I smiled. " Well, time for you to go, don't wanna leave him waiting, now do you?" She pushed me out of the barn.

Trying to run up a hill in heels wasn't easy, but somehow, I was able to do it.

" I......I'm sorry if....if I'm a bit late, I came all the way.....from Poppy's..." I panted, trying to catch my breath. I prayed that Wally couldn't scence the mustiness radiating off of me.

" It's fine, darling.. no problem at all.." Wally sat up. I gave a nod and took a seat next to him on the grass. I would'nt normaly sit on the bare grass, but this grass isn't real here.

" You clean up well.." I leaned back, averting my gaze to the blue haired puppet. " Well, I can't say the same about you.. you always look nice, Y/n." I think I could feel my cheeks heat up.

" Oh, uh..I....thanks...." I let out an akward laugh. A little too akward... It made me remember the fact that I've only ever been on a date with Gregor before....

" I have something to ask you...and I need you to answer truthly, okay....?" I asked, averting my gaze to the sakura petals falling down. " Hmm?" Wally hummed and kind of laied down on me.

( a bit like this, but he's more so on top, and closer if you understand. also, wally is VERY VERY WARm. also sorry if the image doesn't show up. )

" I don't understand this...Dates are for people who like each other, you don't like me..and I can't like you....!" I frowned, but then for some reason he started to play with my hair as if tis was a joke. " You aren't real, Wally.. You're an object..a puppet...a cartoon character, and I'm a human....This isn't right, and you know that." I tried to relese myself from Wally's grip, but the struggle was real.

" This isn't a joke, Wally.. I'm serious..!" I turned around to face him. " I can't like you, okay.....this is all fake...." I cried out, trying to escape this false reality. " Y/n...if I wasn't real, then tell me that this'll feel like..."

And with that....he kissed me. With his eyes and lips.

****