Poppy's Problem| 40

.

.

.

It's been a week. Adleast, I'm assuming it's been a week. You know time doesn't pass by normally here... but who cares? It's been a while, and that's for sure.

What has it been a week since, you may be asking? It's been a week since I've seen Wally.

After the epic boss battle, which happened, they took Wally away to be studied and "Fixed" in Rainbow Factory Wally's lab. And the worst part was that it was that they didn't even let me come see him. I don't know if it's because he needs his room for his artist groove, which would make sense, but I just really want to see him.

It's not like I don't like any of the other Wally's because if I said that, it would be the biggest lie I've ever told. It's just that none of the other Wally's are Wally....

None of them are the same Wally that welcomed me here at first....or the Wally that told me that I was the 'Eight Wonder Of The World'....the Wally that I grew to love after all of this while.

But there is no point in being gloomy forever. I'd much rather spend my time helping someone else here in the neighborhood. How do I help them? Therapy.

****

I walked around, slipping flyers underneath houses that talked about how you must come to the gazebo behind Home for a session.

To my suprise, Poppy was the first person who showed up.

" Hey, Y/n. " Poppy waved and took a seat at a chair which was across from me. " Oh, hello, Poppy. I didn't think that you had a problem." I raised a brow and put on a pair of fake glasses, crossed my leg, then pulled out a notepad and a pencil which was hidden behind my ear.

" I wouldn't really see that it's a problem... more so a want..?" She smiled warmly, although I could tell she was nervous.

She was playing with her feathers a lot, picking out the imperfect ones.

" Alright, so....no one knows this, but....I have a son. His name is Philip, and i love him very dearly... Although I'm not sure he thinks that..." Poppy sighed and looked down.

Poppy stayed silent for a few minutes. I wanted to ask about it, but I didn't want her to be uncomfortable. Luckily, she took notice of my puzzled expression.

" Oh, sorry about that, I guess I just explain." Poppy cleared her throat and sat up straight.

" So back in the day, I lived out on the countryside, and there was a divider of grass separating us from the city. The city is somewhere I missed because when I was younger, I snuck out to the city and found my true love. He wasn't really my true love, though, because he cheated on me the second I turned my back, and I mean that in a literal since. "

Poppy rolled her eyes before continuing.

" After being in the city for a night, I found out that if there is bad love, that makes the whole city bad, so there is no point in being there. Also, the city folk were trying to buy my farm and threatened to bulldoze it once I left. "

As she spoke, she looked off into the distance like she was having a flash back.

" I gave birth to a son, and in his teen years, he told me that he saw a girl who was as pretty as a princess, but the only problem was that if she was that pretty, she must've been using looks to get men, and she was in the city, so there was no way he was going to see that girl. But of course, he didn't listen... I didn't either when I was his age. The only d-diffrence was he d-d......didn't c-come back...!"

Poppy began to tear up, so I handed her a tissue box and rubbed her back, waiting for her to continue.

" I'm awfully sorry about that Y/n..." Poppy blew her nose and whipped the leftover tears away.

" Anyways...he didn't come back for a few days,  but then days turned to weeks, then months...I didn't have a phone at the time, so I had to go out and look for him myself, but that means I would have to leave the farm...It had been in the family for generations and generations but my son was more important than that, so I set foot into the city with my head held high. "

Poppy stood up and did exactly what she just explained... Although she stood like that for a couple of minutes before sitting back down.

" Navigating throughout the city was hard, but not hard with a helper. I met him when I was standing on a street corner holding up pictures of my son, which they either blew away, or no one looked at them... except for one handsome rooster. "

Poppy smirked and then clutched her stomach, she was most likely getting butterflies.

" He thought that I was a pretty, lost, and confused homeless teen so he drove me around wherever his taxi car would go. Knocking door to door looking for my son, but sadly, we never found him. We took a break for the moment though. We hung out at his place, and when we weren't looking for my son, we were exploring the city. "

" On maybe the fifth week of knowing him, he confessed his feeling to me, to which of course I felt the same,so we got down at it and I got pregnant again. I'm not sure how many, just more that 12 I'm sure. I looked like a bloated beluga."

Poppy chuckled.

" Anywho, after that we planned in getting married, but one day I was out searching for my son until I followed a strange aroma. It'd a strange way to describe it, but it smelled like home. Not my home, not the entity Home. But like pure joy and happiness home. So I continued to follow the smell until I made it here. "

Poppy smilled until she stopped.

" There was a problem though, and it kind of still is...I lost the baby's and my baby bump." Poppy lifted up her shirt, revealing her stomach.

" And you would think it's from normal circumstances, but it's not. I didn't feel them pass away or anything, it just feels like from the second I stepped foot in this town they disappeared....but not only did they disappear...a few memories too..."

Poppy clutched the tissue box tightly. It shaking in her hands.

" I don't remember my parents names....I don't remember my fiance's name...and worst of all, I don't even remember my own child's name!" She yelled and broke down on the gazebos floor.

I wanted to say, 'It's alright.' but that wouldn't make her feel better, so I let her rest her head in my lap and lay down with me.

We stayed like this for awhile until we heard footsteps coming. It must've been another client.

" Thank you so so much Y/n, you have no idea how much I needed to get this off of my wing, thank you." Poppy spoke sincerely and waved, running off.

****