The Picnic | 17

After Poppy and I hung out for a while, she convenced me to come out to a neighborhood event. It was a picnic, and eveyrone would be there, but she assured me that Wally wouldn't be there, so I agreed to go. We also decided that I would stay with her until Wally got his priorities set. She led me out to a cherry blossom tree with 6 people sitting out there and surronding each other. The only ones I recognized were Eddie, Sally, Barnaby, and Jullie, but there were two others I didn't know.

" Hey Poppy, oh, you brought Y/n?! " Jullie exlamied and gave us both a hug. One of the people I didn't know with gray skin gave me a weird look, similar to Poppy's when we first met, although he didn't look as surprised. " Hey guys..." I gave a small wave.

" Hello, Y/n, nice to see you again! "

" Hya Y/n, long time not see! "

" HI again, Y-y/n... "
The familiar faces called out. I gave them a smile in return and took a seat with Poppy next to me, one of the people I didn't know next to me, and the other one accross from me. " Hello, I'm Y/n. " I spoke shyly, but then Poppy took my hand, calming me down. " Howdy neghbor, the names Howdy! " The guy next to me with green skin introduced himself with a handshake.

" Haha, nice to meet you, and you are...?" I asked and shifted my attention over to the guy with gray skin. His frown looked like a rainbow.  " Frankly....Frank Frankly...." Frank answered, so I stuck out my hand for him.to shake it, but he only grabbed my finger and faced me with disgust.

" Okay, everyone, let's feast!" Jullie yelled and rubbed her hands together.

On the picnic blanket, there was an apple pie, a peach cobbler, cookies, cake, brownies, sunny side up eggs, pancakes, waffles, fruit, carrots, cheese plates, and other snacks.

°°°°

At the end of the picnic, we said out goodbyes and returned to our homes. I got to know the people in the neighborhood, so that was nice. Both Frank and Barnaby eased up. I did talk to them all, but I didn't talk as much as everyone else unless I had an idea.

Tonight, I was sleeping in Poppy's guest bedroom, and I was fighting the urge to go and see Wally, but I couldn't just forget what he did. He broke the portal, my only way home.

I thought about taking off the necklace and trying to figure out what would really happen if I took it off. As far as I know, Wally could be lying about that....but I don't  want to find out if he was or not...

°°°°°

Sorry that this chapter was also short, my bad.

₱Ʉ₱₱Ɇ₮ ₴ⱧØ₩~𝓦𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 X 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें