I won't miss it for the world (requested)

The sound of Taylor's phone ringing on the table beside her interrupted her from her light slumber.

She had only just fallen asleep.

It was after three am and she had stayed up doing some writing tonight in her hotel room after the show since she was feeling inspired.

So Taylor was quite tired as she reached for the phone.

She almost didn't want to answer it because she was so tired that all she wanted to do was go back to sleep.

However, when she saw your name on the screen, she sat straight up.

Something wasn't right if you were calling her early in the morning as you're almost in the same time zone.

And seeing as you're heavily pregnant back home, her heart immediately sank.

"Baby? Hey, what's going on?" She asked as she reached over to turn the lamp on.

"Taylor?" You spoke and in your voice, Taylor could hear the anxiety. "Tay, something's not right."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I think it's time."

Those four words made her anxiety skyrocket.

She wasn't too far away but it was early in the morning and she wasn't sure when she'd be able to get a flight home to you.

And there was no way that she wanted to miss being there when your baby was born.

"I'm scared. You're not here, I'm all alone. What do I do?" You anxiously asked.

Suddenly, it clicked.

She knew what to do.

She knew just who to call.

Her mom.

She was close to you, much closer than Taylor was, and she could be there with you in no time to get you to the hospital and comfort you until she could be there.

"Baby? Can you hang on for just one minute? I'm going to call my mom. She's not far from the house. She'll come right away."

"Okay." You replied before groaning.

It broke Taylor's heart.

All she wanted was to be there with you right now and help and comfort you as you focus on bringing the baby that you've both been waiting to meet into the world.

But it was going to take her a little time to be there, so her mom would just have to do until then.

"It's okay, darling. I'm going to call you right back, I promise."

She ended the call before calling her mom and as the phone rang, she anxiously talked her foot on the floor.

Her mom's voice was heard just a second later and Taylor couldn't help but breathe out a little sigh of relief.

"Mom? Mom, I need you to hurry to the house and get Y/N to the hospital. The baby is coming!"

"Oh, my god! Okay, I'm on my way."

"Please don't leave her side until I get there. I'm going to book a flight right now but it's going to take me a little time to get there."

"Don't worry, honey. I'll stay with her, I promise."

"Thanks, Mom," Taylor said before ending the call and calling you right back. "Darling? My mom is on her way right now."

"Okay."

"Just try to take a deep breath and relax a little. I know you're anxious."

"I can't help it. What if you don't make it?" You tearfully asked.

"Baby, I'm going to be there, I promise you. I won't miss it for the world. Nothing's going to stop me, I swear. I'll be there to hold you in no time and soon, we'll meet our baby."

"Okay." You said as you closed your eyes and took a deep breath.

A few minutes later, the front door opened and Andrea hurried up the stairs to your side.

"Hey, honey. How are you feeling?"

"Not good." You sniffled. "It hurts and I need Taylor."

Taylor was still on the phone and it broke her heart to hear those words leave your lips.

"She'll be here in no time, just like your little one." Andrea smiled. "No need to worry or be afraid. I'm going to take you to the hospital and I'll stay right there with you until Taylor arrives. Okay?" Andrea smiled as she gave you a little hug and wiped the tear from your cheek.

"Okay." You said in response, taking in a shaky breath as the pain returned.

Andrea let you squeeze her hand and Taylor comforted you over the phone, both of them trying to get you through the pain the best they could.

"Ready to go?" Andrea asked as the pain faded away.

You nodded and made your way down the stairs with the bag over Andrea's shoulder and her hand on your back in comfort.

Once you were in the car and Taylor had officially booked her flight, you felt a little more at ease.

"I'll be there before you know it, darling. You're going to do great. Just hang in there for me. I love you so much." Taylor said before ending the call as Andrea hurried to the hospital.