you have a headache (requested)

You let out a groan as you buried your face in Taylor's sweater.

You tried to focus on the comforting brush of her fingers along your back and her soft voice in your ear as she whispered sweet, soothing words to you.

The headache you're currently dealing with hit you so hard that you had to leave work early.

It's been a little while since you arrived home after Taylor picked you up and you took some medicine in hopes that it would help relieve the terrible and constant pain in your head, but it hasn't seem to do much good just yet.

"It's alright, baby," Taylor whispered softly. "Can I do anything to help you feel better, my love?"

"I don't know, Tay," You mumbled and she heard the crack in your voice. "It just hurts a lot."

"I know." She whispered.

She felt so helpless.

All she wanted to do was help you feel better.

The lights are dimmed, the curtains are closed, and it's quiet other than the sound of her voice in your ear on occasion.

She didn't know what else to do to help ease the pain and that broke her heart because she hates seeing you unwell and in pain.

"Would an ice pack or a heating pad help at all?"

"Maybe." You mumbled.

"Which one, darling? I'll get it for you."

"Ice."

She nodded and kissed your forehead softly before she pulled away carefully to get up.

She moved your head gently and placed it on the pillow and you buried your face into the pillowcase with a whimper.

"I'll be right back." She promised and rubbed your back for a couple more seconds before leaving the room.

She went downstairs and into the kitchen.

Going over to the freezer, she grabbed one of the ice packs inside of it and wrapped it in a dish towel before she made her way back upstairs.

"Okay, I'm back, baby. Can you turn over for me?"

You slowly turned onto your back and kept your eyes shut as she put the ice pack over your forehead.

"Can I do anything else for you, darling?" She asked worriedly.

You opened your eyes slowly and you noticed her blue eyes were filled with sadness and concern, the sparkle that they usually hold when you're by her side nowhere in sight.

"Could you give me a massage?"

She nodded as she carefully got back into bed with you.

"On your temples?" She asked.

"Yeah." You quietly answered.

Taylor began to massage your temples immediately, applying a slight pressure to help ease the pain.

She worked her way along your hairline, gently and carefully combing your hair away from your forehead as she did so because she knows that comforts you.

She continued to do that until her fingers would meet the center of your forehead and then, she'd start all over again.

"There we go, darling. Is that helping?"

"Yeah." You said with a breath of relief. "It's helping a lot. I think the medicine is finally kicking in. The ice is helping and so is your touch."

She smiled a little before kissing your head lovingly.

"I'll keep doing it for however long you want me to. Just let me know if you want me to stop."

"Okay. Thank you for helping me and for taking care of me, Tay. I love you."

"I would do anything for you, baby. Because I love you. So very much." She whispered as she continued to massage your temples and kiss your head softly.

After a couple more minutes, you took the ice off and put it aside, finally feeling relief as your headache continued to fade away more and more.

You kept your eyes closed and kept focusing on Taylor's touch despite your headache disappearing most of the way, just because you love her and her touch so much.

Before Taylor knew it, you had fallen fast asleep with your head on her chest.

And she just smiled to herself as she cherished the precious sight as she whispered words of love against your forehead.

"There we go, baby girl. Get some rest, you deserve it. I love you so much."

She put one of her arms around you and used her other hand to brush through your hair ever so gently, hoping that when you opened your eyes next, your headache would be gone completely.