visiting you at work to find your boss screaming at you (requested)

Taylor walked into the diner that you work in.

There weren't many customers inside as the lunch rush had just come to an end.

She wasn't here to bother you too much because she knows you have work to do, but she wanted to pay you a surprise visit and see how you're doing today.

She called out for you and thought about taking a seat near the counter but the sound of someone screaming at someone else caught her attention.

Not seeing you anywhere, she grew worried and made her way into the back to see what all of the screaming was about.

And she was shocked to find that your boss was back there yelling at you.

"You can't do anything right, can you?! All you do is fuck things up! I don't know why I ever hired you. You're such a worthless employer! You don't bring any value to this diner at all. You're such a mess!"

Your head was hung in sadness and shame.

And even though you weren't talking back to your boss, Taylor was about to.

"Hey!" She shouted as she stepped in between you and your boss. "Who the hell do you think you are screaming at my girlfriend that way? Or, better yet, who do you think you are screaming at your employee that way?"

"Who are you and why are you in the middle of our conversation?"

"I'm Taylor, Y/N's girlfriend and I"m here to surprise her with a little visit. But, turns out, I'm the one that's in store for a surprise because why the hell are you back here screaming at her?"

"She's a horrible worker! She can't do anything right!"

"Oh, please. She's the best worker that you have! She works her ass off for you and this diner. Every customer that comes into this place adores her and wants her to be their waitress. She covers shifts for other workers, she never messes up an order, and she never complains. She's the best thing about this place."

"Whatever. I could find better, I'm sure." Your boss spoke before she walked away, only to turn back around.

"This isn't over. Your girlfriend might've stepped in now but she has to go sooner or later and then our conversation will continue."

"Whatever you have to say to her, you can say with me here, you coward!" Taylor yelled as your boss walked away.

You sniffled and only then did Taylor realize that you had been crying.

"Y/N, baby," She sadly spoke as she pulled you into her warm embrace.

"I'm such a screwup." You cried.

"No, you are not! Don't ever say that about yourself." She said as she rubbed your back. "Your boss is horrible and you don't deserve to have to put up with this. You should quit."

You pulled away with a heavy sigh.

"Baby, you deserve so much better than this. No boss should be screaming at their employer. Even if, for some reason, you made a mistake, you still don't deserve that."

"And then what, Tay? Then I have no money to pay my bills. I mean, I have a little savings left in my bank account but not enough to cover my bills."

"I'll cover them."

"I could and would never ask you to do that."

"Well, you're not asking, are you?"

You shook your head.

"Baby, you're my girl and I love you. I don't want you to keep working here. You deserve so much better. You need to realize your own worth. You'll find a better job, one with a boss that doesn't treat you like shit."

You knew she was right; you deserved more than this.

So, you agreed.

"Okay."She pulled you in for another hug before letting you go so you could grab your things.

Once you had everything together, you went to your boss and threw down your name tag.

"What is this?"

"I quit."

"No, you don't. Get back to work. We have customers."

"Then you deal with them. Because I'm done." You said, standing your ground.

Taylor put her hand on your back and smiled proudly.

"Try finding someone better than this. I might not be the greatest, I might still make a mistake here and there, but I brought a lot to the table and a lot of people that came here wanted me to serve them. They liked me. They thought I was more than good enough. Let's see what they think of my replacement."

You took Taylor's hand and made your way out of the door.

"You're fired!"

"No, I'm not, asshole. Because I quit already." You smirked.

Your boss was angry, pounding his hands on the counter as he watched you walk away.

"I'm so proud of you, baby! Great job!" She grinned and kissed your face lovingly.

"I'm proud of myself too, Tay," You smiled as you got in the car.

"Come on, let's go home. You can take a few days before finding a new job, one that'll treat you the way you deserve." She promised as she held your hand tightly and drove home, so happy for you because she knew you were going to find better than what you had before, very soon.