saying I love you back to her (requested)

Author's Note: this chapter contains a mention of a possibly sensitive/triggering topic. Please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable. I love you all!

———————————————————

Your hands were wrapped tightly in Taylor's as you sat on her sofa.

You had been on a date with her at her place tonight.

You had been curled up on her sofa watching a movie together until Taylor paused it and told you that she had something important to talk to you about.

Your heart was pounding at the thought as fear after fear popped into your head, only for Taylor to shake her head with a smile.

"Darling, those fears going through your head aren't coming true. It's a good thing I want to talk to you about. At least, I think."

You breathed out a sigh of relief and Taylor reached over to stroke your cheek softly.

"There's something I've been wanting to say to you for a while now. It's something I feel truly in my heart and something so strong that I've never felt this way about anyone before."

"What is it?"

She took a deep breath before smiling at you.

"I love you."

The words caught you off guard.

They're words you haven't said to anyone before.

Your upbringing hadn't been so great.

Your parents were abusive to you and that made you closed off to the rest of the world.

Taylor is the first person that you've ever dated and trusted the way you do.

You've let a lot of your walks down, but saying I love you is something you've struggled to say.

"I want you to know that it's okay if you can't say it back. It's okay if you're not ready to or if you feel you just can't say those words to me. I understand. I just wanted you to know."

That's when you realized something - you love Taylor.

You love the way she makes you feel and the way she's changed your life.

You've never let your walls down for anyone else the way you have Taylor.

Even your closest friends haven't seen the side of you that Taylor has.

You feel it in your heart.

You love her.

You love everything about her and the feeling is so strong and so beautiful that you don't want to hold it back.

"Taylor," You paused as you gazed into her soft blue eyes. "I do... I love you."

A big smile pulled at her lips.

"I didn't think I could ever love someone, especially not the way that I love you. You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I love you."

"I love you too." She said as she brought your hand to her lips. "My sweet girl. I know that wasn't easy for you to say."

"Actually... it was. It's not easy for me to say to anyone else but when it comes to you, it just feels natural."

She pulled you in for a hug as she squeezed you tightly.

"I didn't think I'd ever say it to anyone but I want to say it to you, Taylor. I just love you a lot."

She pulled away and kissed your lips softly, making you smile against her lips.

"I love you more, baby."

You put your arms around her again as you hugged her, feeling as though everything made sense.

You truly did love Taylor and you were so happy you could tell her that.

And you know you're just as loved by her, if not more, somehow.