get me my wife (requested)

Author's Note: This chapter talks about the tragedy that took place in Rio but it doesn't go into detail, I didn't feel comfortable doing that.

So if you don't want to read this, I understand and hope you'll wait for my next update instead. I love you all so much ❤️

————————————————

Taylor let out a heavy sigh as she made her way backstage.

It's only night one in Rio for the eras tour and it has taken a huge toll on her already.

So much has gone wrong tonight and she just wants to hide away from the rest of the world to try and process it all.

"Taylor, what can we do to help?" Tree asked.

Tears filled Taylor's eyes as she opened her heavy eyes and gazed at Tree.

"I just need Y/N." She said, voice cracking as she spoke. "I just need my wife. Get me my wife."

Tree nodded and pulled her phone out of her pocket before tapping on your contact.

She pressed her phone to her ear as it began to ring while Taylor let the tears fall from her eyes that have been building up for so long now.

You answered after two rings and Tree hadn't ever been so relieved.

"Y/N, oh thank god. You need to come down here to the stadium right now."

You're not far from the stadium.

You're just in your' and Taylor's hotel room.

That's where she told you to stay tonight since it was hot and she didn't want you to feel so uncomfortable.

She regrets it now since so much has gone wrong tonight.

She's struggling and she needs you so bad; only you.

Tree explained the situation to you over the phone and you didn't hesitate to rush out of the hotel and get a cab to the stadium immediately.

"She's on her way. It'll only be about ten minutes." She told Taylor.

"Thanks." Taylor sniffled.

Tree placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, trying to be a friend and comfort her until you arrived.

"It'll be okay, Taylor. I promise."

Taylor just shrugged her shoulders, feeling as though it would never be okay again.

You arrived a few minutes later and you hurried over to Taylor.

"Baby?"

"Y/N," Taylor sniffled and held her arms out for you.

You threw your arms around her and gave her a loving kiss on her head before she started to sob, finally feeling safe enough to let everything out.

She held you tight as she did so; tighter than she ever had before.

You've always been her safe place and she needs that more than ever now.

"It's only night one, Y/N. It's a disaster."

"I know but it's not your fault, baby." You said as you brushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Just because you say that doesn't mean everyone else will agree. People are going to say it's my fault. I can't deal with that." She sniffled.

"Tay, every reasonable person knows that it's the fault of the stadium, not you." You said. "It's tragic and extremely upsetting but none of it is your fault."

"I know." She said as her lower lip trembled and a tear fell down her cheek. "I just can't believe it."

You nodded understandingly.

"There's still two days to go. What if something else goes wrong?"

"Maybe you should push the shows off, even just for a few days." You spoke, caressing her cheek. "Taylor, I know you're scared. I know you're upset and you're exhausted and that's completely understandable. Just remember that it isn't your fault."

She leaned into your touch as a shaky breath left her lips.

"I don't know what to do." She cried.

"How about we get out of here and go back to the hotel and talk more there? We can figure things out together. You can calm down and rest a little. I think it would be better that way."

She nodded before closing her eyes as you kissed her forehead lingeringly.

"I'm here for you, Tay. Okay? You're not alone. It doesn't seem like it now but things will be alright."

"Okay." She quietly said.

"I'm going to be right by your side, no matter what's ahead. I promise, baby."

"I love you." She said as she stood up, leaning against you as you walked together.

"I love you more." You softly spoke, holding her securely as you continued to comfort her, knowing she needed all the comfort and support you could give her.