your lives together (requested)

"How do you know if she'll even like me?" You asked your friend Abigail, who was helping you get ready.

Today, she's introducing you to one of her other friends, who apparently keeps asking about you.

Abigail has brought you up in conversation a few times with this particular friend and she's shown your picture to her as well and her friend has quite the crush on you.

"Trust me, Y/N. She has a huge crush on you."

You took a look in the mirror, having just finished getting ready.

You weren't dressed to the nines but you wanted to make a good impression.

"It's time to get back out into the dating world. Not all relationships are bad. There's someone for everyone. What if she's your soulmate?"

You took a deep breath and looked at your friend.

She has a good sense of judgment so you trust her when it comes to something like this.

But you're just a little nervous because this is your first date in months and your last relationship ended badly.

But you know not everyone is like your ex and Abigail was right; you never know where this night could lead.

"Okay. I'm ready. I look okay, right?"

"Better than okay, you're beautiful!" Abigail said, trying to make you feel as confident as possible.

You walked out of her bedroom and down the stairs of her house.

"She'll be waiting for you at the restaurant. Everything's going to be fine. Good luck."

You shared a quick hug before you left and headed out for your first date in what seemed like ages.

You arrived at the restaurant and you stepped inside before looking around.

Your eyes met a pair of beautiful and bright blue ones across the room.

"Y/N?" She called out.

You walked to her as you realized that this was the friend Abigail wanted you to meet.

But she left out a huge detail - it was Taylor Swift.

You wondered if this was some kind of trick.

But you've known Abigail for quite some time and she'd never do something like that to you.

"Hey!" Taylor smiled as she stood up. "I'm Taylor. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Y/N, but... you know that already since you called out for me."

Taylor nodded her head as you sat down across from her, chuckling.

"I'm so happy you're finally here. I've been waiting."

"Did I keep you waiting long? I'm so sorry, traffic was a pain and-"

"No, no." She said as she shook her head at you. "I didn't mean that. I meant I've been waiting for a while to meet you. Abigail talks about you all the time and then I saw you in one of her pictures on her phone and I was just like... wow. She's stunning."

Your cheeks turned red and a shy giggle fell from your lips.

"I'm so happy we could finally meet." You said.

"Me too. You're even more gorgeous in person."

"Yeah? You are too."

She smiled brightly and passed you a menu.

"Order whatever you want. It's my treat."

"I can pay for my meal, it's okay. This place is so expensive."