"you're part of this family now and forever" (requested)

You held onto Taylor's hand tightly, wondering if she could feel your palms sweating due to your nerves.

"Mom, we're here!" She called out as you both stepped into her mom's home.

Andrea hurried into the living room with the biggest and brightest smile on her face.

"Hi, honey!" She told Taylor and it was only when she leaned in for a hug that Taylor let your hand go.

You smiled at the sight of her being so close to her mom.

You know how close they are; Taylor talks so highly about her mom all the time and it was very obvious how much Andrea loves her too from the hug they shared.

It was heartwarming and, truth be told, it made you wish that you had that too.

Your mom isn't part of your life.

She hasn't been for years.

She refuses to accept and love you for who you are and as painful as it is, you'd rather not have her around than have to pretend you're someone you'll never be.

It's moments like these when you envy people around you, just because they have a good bond with their parents, specifically their mom, and you never will.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when Andrea let go of Taylor and stepped in front of you.

"You must be Y/N. It's so nice to meet you."

"It's so nice to meet you too. Taylor talks about you all the time." You grinned. "She loves you a lot."

"Well, she's told me all about you. I honestly feel like I've known you for years!" Andrea laughed while Taylor's cheeks turned red. "You're even more beautiful than she said you are."

"Oh, thank you." You said with a shy laugh.

"Well, Scott, Taylor's Dad, should be here any minute now. But until then, why don't you two come into the kitchen? I'll get you both something to drink and finish dinner."

Taylor took your hand back into yours and led you into the kitchen, both of you following behind Andrea.

"It's chilly outside! You girls must be wanting a warm drink, right?" She asked with a warm smile.

Andrea made you and Taylor a warm drink and you happily accepted it when she handed it over to you.

"Thank you so much." You smiled.

"No problem at all, sweetheart."

Taylor saw a sparkle in your eyes when Andrea called you that because it's been so long since a mother figure has ever been in your life and has ever called you something so kind.

"Thank you." You quietly said once more but it was loud enough for them both to hear.

Andrea looked over at Taylor before looking back at you.

Taylor has already told her mom a lot about you and even though she didn't want to give away too much of your personal life without your permission, she did tell her mom that your mom isn't around.

Little did you know, Andrea has been planning to change things for you.

Because, in her eyes, everyone deserves a loving mother figure in their life; someone to help guide them, nurture them, and support them.

She was trying to be just that for you already.

And she couldn't help but wonder if you and Taylor were picking up on it just yet.

"Have a seat, honey!" She said to you.

You walked over to the table and Taylor followed behind you with a happy smile on her face.

She sat down beside you and as Andrea finished stirring and checking the food, knowing it would be fine on its own for a few, she joined you and Taylor at the table.

"How's life?" Andrea asked.

You figured she was talking to Taylor so you sipped on your warm drink, only for them both to look at you.

"Oh... me?"

"Yeah." Andrea smiled.

"Pretty good, I guess. Honestly, university is pretty stressful and I hate my job a lot."

"You hate your job?" Andrea asked, furrowing her brows.

"Yeah. The environment isn't always that great. My coworkers aren't very nice to me and my boss treats me differently than he does with them. The job itself is just temporary since I'll quit it when I graduate university but for now, I feel as though I'm hanging on by a thread there."

Andrea placed her hand over yours in comfort from across the table and it was the first time anyone but Taylor has ever done that for you.

"You're a very intelligent and beautiful girl. If your job is making you feel that way, you should find somewhere better. Somewhere that appreciates you and your work. Don't let people walk over you. You don't deserve that."

Taylor has told you the same thing before but it just felt different hearing it from someone that's a potential mother figure.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Look, I'd tell Taylor the same thing if she was in your shoes. Because I care. You're a fantastic person and even though I just met you in person, I can tell that you're smart and kind. Beautiful inside and out. Don't ever let people treat you that way. If you're unhappy, find somewhere else to work. You deserve to be treated fairly and you deserve respect from those around you."

You looked at Taylor to find her sitting there with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to hearing anyone but Taylor tell me things like that. My mom isn't around so..."

"I know." Andrea quietly said. "Don't be upset but Taylor told me that already."

"I'm not upset." You said. "I just hope you or Scott don't think it was my fault that she's not around."

"Of course we don't. Look, honey, you are deserving of love. You deserve to be loved for who you are and I'm so sorry that your mom isn't around. I'm sorry she doesn't see the beautiful woman you are. But that's her loss."

"I guess so." You quietly said.

"You can always count on me though."

You lifted your head upon hearing her words.

"Taylor loves you so much, I just know that she's found the one. I would love it if we could become close and if you want a mother figure in your life, I'd be happy to be that for you. I'll be here to support you and give you advice when you need it. If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to, you can turn to me."

You felt tears stinging your eyes as soon as the words finished leaving your lips.

Having someone to rely on, a mother figure, meant the world to you.

Because you haven't had that in so long and there are times when you truly need it.

"I am one call or text away anytime you need. You're part of this family now and forever. So, I can be your mother by choice." She said with a grin.

You got up from the table and gave her a hug, making Taylor tear up at the sight.

"Thank you." You sniffled.

"Anytime." Andrea smiled. "And I mean that, okay? I mean every word. I'm here for you and I know that Scott will be too. Taylor loves you a lot and we do too."

You sat back down at your seat and Taylor put her hand on your knee, giving it a squeeze.

It felt nice knowing you had someone else to lean on, someone that would love you and treat you in a way that your mother never did.

And you couldn't be more grateful.