proposing to her after presenting her an award at the VMAs (requested)

Taylor's heart fluttered as you made your way onto the stage with a proud smile on your face.

Your eyes instantly locked with Taylor's as she smiled brightly at you looking so excited for such a big moment.

Tonight, you were asked to present the Artist of the Year award at the VMAs and Taylor is, of course, on the list, along with a few other talented and inspiring artists.

But you just had the feeling that she was going to win and you could only hope that feeling was right since you have something special planned if she does.

"Tonight, we honor one very talented artist with the Artist of the Year award. There are so many incredible artists on this list that I absolutely adore and I'm beyond excited to present this award. The nominees are.." You paused as a video began to play on the screen.

Besides your beautiful and incredibly talented girlfriend, other artists such as Drake, Selena Gomez, Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, and Harry Styles were nominated.

The video stopped and you opened the envelope in your hand that held the winner's name inside.

"And the winner is..." You said before looking at Taylor with a big smile. "Taylor Swift!"

Everyone stood up, including Taylor, as they began to applaud.

The fans were screaming in support as Taylor made her way up the steps and over to you on stage.

You pulled her in for a quick hug but her arms lingered around you as you rubbed her back and whispered loving words in her ear.

"I'm so proud of you, baby. Congratulations!"

"Thank you, darling." She grinned as she pulled away.

Putting her lips on yours, she gave you a quick but loving kiss before walking over to the mic as you handed her the award.

"Oh, wow! This is so crazy. Thank you so much! To all my fans, I love you so much and I'm so grateful for this award! We've had a lot of amazing moments this year and we made so many memories together and I know that without you, this wouldn't be possible. So thank you very much."

You took a deep breath as people continued to cheer and clap for her.

"Thank you to my family, my friends, and most of all, thank you to my girlfriend, Y/N. Because you inspire me every single day and I am just so in love with you. You're my muse and I'm so thankful I get to do everything I do with you right there by my side. Thank you all!"

"Wait a second." You said as you put your hand on the small of her back.

She gazed at you in surprise, her eyebrows furrowed slightly even though her eyes were full of love as she gazed at you.

"Before this show comes to an end and before we go backstage, there is one thing I want to do that I told myself I would do if you won this final award tonight."

She smiled as you grabbed her hands in yours.

"Taylor, I love you more than anything in the world. I feel so lucky to be able to call you mine. You make me so happy and I swear, every day we spend together, I only fall even more in love with you."

She smiled and gave your hands a squeeze upon noticing that they were shaking.

"I feel the same way, baby. You know that."

"I do." You said. "And I want to live the rest of my life just like I get to now; with you by my side and me falling deeper in love with you. You're gorgeous and you're incredible and I love being able to call you mine. I want that forever. I want you to be mine forever."

You had on a suit with pockets, so you were able to pull the ring right out of it.

You got down on one knee, making everyone scream louder.

And despite being in front of thousands of people, as you looked at Taylor, it felt that you were the only two people to exist.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" She said right away, shouting the word out in pure joy.

She handed the award to a crew member before throwing her arms around you as tears of happiness fell from her blue eyes.

You slipped the ring on her finger and she gazed at it in awe.

"A beautiful ring for my beautiful girl." You smiled and kissed her hand.

But you dropped it gently as she put her lips on yours and gave you a romantic kiss as people in the room cheered for you both.

"Who would've known? I'm walking out with several awards tonight and a fiancée." She giggled. "That's my biggest award."

"Aww, baby," You grinned and wiped the tears from her eyes before kissing her again. "Mine too. I love you so much."

"I love you more." She said as she hugged you tight, happier than she's ever been in her entire life.