the first time she sees you cry (requested)

Taylor hoped that when she walked into your house after a long day in the studio, she'd be greeted by your sweet smile and a much-needed hug from you.

She was beyond exhausted but her excitement outweighed that because tonight, she's staying at your place to catch up on some quality time with you.

She figured you'd be waiting for her since she texted you that she was on her way.

But all she found was an empty living room and silence.

"Baby?" She called out as she set her purse down on the table.

She didn't think too much of you not being downstairs.

You might just be sleeping or you could just be having a lazy day and decided to stay up in bed for the day.

No matter what the reason, Taylor could only think about how much she's been missing you and she just wanted to hold you until you both fell asleep in a few hours.

She walked upstairs and then made her way down the hall to the bedroom with the biggest smile on her face.

But her smile faded and her heart dropped at the sound of... crying.

She walked into your room and the floor creaked beneath her feet, making you jump and look over at her.

"Taylor!" You sniffled and wiped the tears away from your eyes.

You were trying to put on a brave face by sending her a heartwarming smile as you tried to pretend that everything was fine.

But there was no fooling her.

"How was your day at the studio? How's the new album coming along?"

She shook her head as she sat down beside you.

"That's not important right now. Why are you crying? What's bothering you, baby?"

"Nothing, I'm fine!" You said as you forced yet another smile.

"No, you're not. I know you were crying. I heard you."

You sighed and lowered your head.

"No, darling, look at me." She spoke as she hooked her fingers under your chin, making you look at her. "Don't do that. You can talk to me. I'm your girlfriend and I care about you more than you'll ever know. Please confide in me. Tell me what's wrong."

You let out a shaky breath as tears filled your eyes again.

"Today marks a year since my grandfather passed away. We were really close, practically best friends, and I miss him a lot."

Taylor brushed her fingers across your cheek and listened as you spoke.

"I try to be strong and think about how he isn't hurting  and how he's in a better place but... it hurts. Not having him here with me hurts. I feel as though I lost a huge part of me, as if there's a hole in my heart. I just miss him so much."

You looked at her with sad, teary eyes.

Her heart shattered in her chest to see you hurting and all she could do was pull you into her arms and hold you tighter than she ever has before.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered as she kissed your head. "I wish I could make it all better. I know how much it hurts to lose someone you love so much. He sounds pretty great from the way you're talking about him."

"He was amazing. I miss him a lot."

"I know you do, darling." She said as she brushed her thumb below your eye, catching your tears as she wiped them away. "I'm so very sorry. I wish I could do something to make it better."

"You can." You said.

"Tell me how. I'll do it right now." She said as her blue eyes filled with hope at the thought of helping you feel better.

"Hold me." You sniffled before snuggling up to her. "And never let me go."

"Okay." She whispered as she held you close, keeping you safe and warm in her embrace. "I won't let go, my love."

You cried a little more as she kept you secure.

She kissed your head, rubbed your back, and tried to hold back her own tears that stung her eyes just because it broke her heart to see you in so much pain.

"I'm sorry for crying so much." You said as you pulled away a little, just enough to stare into her eyes.

"No, don't be." She said as she kissed your forehead. "This is the first time I've ever seen you cry. It breaks my heart. But I don't ever want you to feel as though you can't cry around me. You can. You can cry around me anytime you feel that you need to. You can always count on me and lean on me. I'm always going to be here for you."

You smiled a little and then leaned in to give her a soft kiss, making her smile.

"Thank you, Tay. You can always cry around me too."

"Keep crying and I just might start." She joked, making you chuckle. "I love you. I promise things will get easier with time. But until that day comes, you just lean on me. Tell me all the things you're feeling."

You laid your head back on her chest and sniffled as you started to tell her all about the things that you loved so much about your grandfather.

And she just listened to every word, keeping everything locked in her mind so she could remember them all too for when she needed to talk about them with you.

And slowly, your tears turned into a little smile as you reflected on the good, happy times.

However, you knew that anytime you needed to lean on someone and let the tears fall, Taylor would always be there; no matter what.