she's anxious at an event (requested)

You giggled happily as you took your seat in the very front row with Taylor at tonight's huge awards show.

Tonight it the AMAs and you're having the time of your life so far, though the show hasn't even begun yet.

"Thank you for asking me to come here with you tonight, Tay. I'm having so much fun!" You smiled.

"Uh-huh." She said as she closed her eyes.

That was a very unusual response.

You thought for sure that she'd tell you she was having just as much fun and she was happy that you came with her.

Something didn't feel right.

"Baby, are you okay?" You asked as you brushed your thumb across her knuckles.

"I don't know..." She said.

"What's the matter, Tay?"

"I feel anxious." She said as she looked at you. "This is the first awards show I've been to in a little while and I forgot how anxiety-inducing they can be. Everyone recognizes me and everyone's being loud. I know it probably sounds silly because I've been to so many of these but you never get used to it."

"Baby, that doesn't sound silly at all. It's okay to feel anxious. When so many eyes are on you, I can just imagine how hard that can be. It's okay."

Her hand shook in yours so you gently grabbed the other one and squeezed them both gently.

"Do you need to go somewhere else, baby? Where there are fewer people? So you can calm down?"

"No," she said before swallowing hard. "I just need you, Y/N."

It broke  your heart to see her this way.

You wanted to do everything in your power to comfort her and help her through this.

"I'm here, baby. I'm right here with you. Just focus on me." You said. "Look at me, angel. Look right into my eyes."

Her usually soft and bright blue eyes locked with yours and this time, you could see the worry inside of them.

People were calling out her name and begging for her attention which only made her anxiety worse.

"Just keep looking at me. I'm right here. You're going to be okay, I promise, baby."

She kept looking at you as she took uneven and shaky breaths.

"Breathe, Tay. In and out."

"I can't." She panicked. "I can't do it."

"Yes, you can, baby. You can do it. Breathe with me, take a deep breath."

She listened to you take a deep breath before she did the same and together, you exhaled for a few seconds.

"That's it, good girl. You're doing great." You comforted. "Keep breathing."

She nodded and continued to breathe with you as her heart raced and her palms sweat against your own.

"I know it can be scary. I don't know how you do what you do, my love. But you're safe, okay? If it's too much, it's okay to leave."

She shook her head.

"I want to stay. I want to stay here with you." She said. "Just don't leave."

"I'm not going to leave, baby. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." You assured. "Don't let anything else get to you. Just focus on me. Focus on my eyes, my voice, my touch. I'm right here, baby."

You gently pulled one hand away from hers so you could touch her cheek.

She leaned into your touch as a shaky breath fell from your lips.

"Think about it this way - your fans are here to cheer you on, not judge you. They're here to root for you when you win award after award tonight. And don't tell me you won't, because I know you will." You said, making her chuckle softly. "I know, when you're anxious, it feels like everyone is staring at you and judging you, right? But they're not. It's just me and you."

She was starting to feel less anxious and a little smile evn pulleed at her lips in response.

"I know you're anxious, but I promise that you're safe. I'm here with you and I won't leave your side. And if it gets to be too much, we can leave at any time."

"Okay." She said before putting her head on your shoulder. "I love you, Y/N. Thank you for being here for me."

"I love and care about you more than anything, baby. I'm always going to be here for you." You promised before kissing her forehead softly.

"I'm feeling okay for now. As long as we can stay like this for a while."

"We can, baby. For as long as you want. I promise." You said as you wrapped your arms around her and held her tight, swearing that you'd never let her go.