singing to your baby (requested)

"Shh, it's okay, baby," Taylor said as she walked around your little girl's room with your daughter in her arms.

It's after one a.m. and your three-week-old baby girl is crying her little lungs out.

You've tried everything you can think of and she's still fussing.

"I know one thing that might help." You told Taylor, who was making her way back to you after walking around the room.

"What's that, my love?"

"Singing to her."

"It's worth a shot." She said before you carefully lifted her out of Taylor's arms.

"Okay, sweetie. It's okay." You said as you gently set the baby back in her crib. "I know the perfect one to start with."

Taylor raised her eyebrows, waiting for you to tell her.

"Your little hand's wrapped around my fingers and it's so quiet in the world tonight." You sang and Taylor smiled before joining in.

"Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite nightlight." Taylor sang.

"To you, everything's funny. You've got nothing to regret. I'd give all I have, honey, if you could stay like that. Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow, it could stay this simple." You sang together.

"I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up. Never grow up." Taylor sang.

It was quiet for a few seconds and her eyes were closed so you both breathed out a sigh of relief, only for her to cry again.

"Well, that didn't work." Taylor sighed. "Got another one?"

You thought about it for a second before nodding.

"All those days watching from the windows. All those years outside, looking in. All that time, never even knowing just how blind I've been." You sang.

Taylor smiled as she recognized the song.

She knows the song very well.

It's from Rapunzel and the lyrics couldn't be more relatable for Taylor.

Ever since meeting you a few years ago, her life has changed completely.

It's almost as if she lived in a fog before.

Her life has been pretty incredible for years since she's been lucky enough to be able to do what she loves for the fans that she adores so very much.

But it got even more amazing with you in it.

You gave her all the things she needed; such as a safe place, a shoulder to cry and lean on.

You give her endless and unconditional love and support and it's only gotten more intense since you got married.

And then, you brought her daughter into the world; a little human that you'd both been waiting so long to meet and now cherish every single day.

You, quite literally, helped her see the light as you made and continue to make all of her dreams come true.

Knowing the words, she sang along.

"Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight. Now I'm here. Suddenly, I see. Standing here, it's all so clear, I'm where I'm meant to be." She softly sang.

"And at last, I see the light. And it's like the fog has lifted. And at last, I see the light. And it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright. And the world somehow shifted. All at once, everything looks different now that I see you."

You and Taylor finished singing together and you looked at your little girl, holding your breath as you waited for her heartbreaking tiny cries.

But none came.

She was quiet.

She breathed softly as her eyelids fluttered and she looked so precious, like a little angel.

You laid your head on Taylor's shoulder as you both stared at your daughter.

Taylor wrapped her arms around you, smiling happily as she held you close.

This is all she's ever wanted; a family with you.

And even though she's tired and it's after one am and she doubts she'll sleep another two hours before the baby cries again and wakes you both up, it's so worth it.

Your daughter to both of you is worth the sleepless nights and the frustration and the moodiness you both might occasionally feel.

She's worth everything you went through to bring her into the world and she's worth everything that's still yet to come.

Because she is everything to you and Taylor.

And that will never change.

"I love you, Tay. I love you and our baby so much." You said as you kissed her neck softly.

"I love you both too." She said and kissed your head. "Come on, let's go to bed. Sleep when they sleep, remember."

She took your hand and quietly led you out of the room.

"Great so we'll sleep for an hour then?" You joked, making her laugh as you got back into bed, snuggling up to each other.

"She's worth it all," Taylor whispered.

"Always." You said, kissing her softly before laying your head on her chest as you drifted off to sleep together; both of you just so happy.