soon you'll get better (requested)

Author's Note: I don't think this needs a trigger warning but I want to put it here just in case. This chapter contains mentions of brain tumors and y/n almost dying. It doesn't go into detail but I wanted to put it here in case any of this makes any of you uncomfortable.

Love you all and I hope you enjoy it.

--------------------------------------------

You were curled up in the hospital bed, watching a livestream of Taylor's show that was taking place tonight.

It's the first time she's been on stage in quite some time.

She had to take some time off and postpone the rest of the era's tour because of your health.

You are the most important thing in Taylor's life.

Her world revolves around you and there's nothing in this world that she wouldn't do for you.

So when you both found out that you had a tumor in your brain, she was quick to cancel all of her plans and postpone the tour to focus on you.

It was an extremely scary experience and it broke Taylor's heart to see  you in so much pain and, even more so, to be so so terrified.

You have never felt so much anxiety  in all of your life as you wondered if they had caught it soon enough.

Thankfully, they had but for a while there, you continued to live in fear because the cost of everything that had to be done to operate on it was, of course, tremendous.

But Taylor was there to calm you down and assure you that she would take care of everything because it wasn't as though you were talking about needing to get a new car or pay a bill, it was your life that was on the line.

She felt so fortunate to have the things she did because when it comes to things as scary as this, in the darkest moments, there are glimmers of hope.

You had the operation and even though you were both nervous wrecks about it, you turned out to be just fine.

And even though you're still recovering from it all, you're starting to heal and recover.

You feel even more grateful for Taylor than you ever have before.

It feels like you have a second chance at life now and you plan on spending every moment possible showing her just how in love with her you are and how much she means to you.

But even though you're starting to feel like yourself again, Taylor was very hesitant to leave your side and resume the tour.

Even though she was only traveling to another state, she has been right there with you every step of the way for so long.

The chair in the hospital room beside your bed has become her new bed.

Until now, she's only left your side to shower and eat.

Other than that, she's been right there to hold your hand and comfort you when you need it most.

And even though the nurses and doctors assured her that you were going to be fine and she had absolutely nothing to worry about if she wanted to resume the tour, she still felt so scared to leave your side.

But she felt okay to do so because she knew you were in safe hands and if anything did happen, she could be back by your side in just a couple of hours at the very most.

So she gave you a ton of kisses and more I love you's than you've ever heard anyone tell you before in all your years of life for her to let your hand go and get on that plane to perform again.