you get in an accident on your anniversary - part two (requested)

Taylor hurried through the doors of the emergency room and over to the desk where a few nurses were gathered around.

"My girlfriend was brought in here. She was in an accident. Is she okay? Can I see her?"

The words fell from her lips in such a rush that she was surprised they understood the questions she'd asked.

"What's her name?"

"Y/N," Taylor said as she sniffled and tried to get her hands to stop shaking.

"I don't have any news on her just yet. Can you take a seat for me in the waiting room? I'm sure the doctor will be out soon to let you know how she's doing." One of the nurses spoke.

Taylor wanted to scream.

How was she supposed to just sit and wait when she was terrified that she might lose you?

She wanted an update now.

She needed to be told that you're okay.

But she didn't want to cause a scene and make things worse, so she agreed.

She hung her head as she walked over to one of the chairs and took a seat.

She sat there for what seemed like hours as she bounced her knee and chewed her lip out of nervousness.

She wasn't sure how long it actually was before the doctor finally came out and came over to her but seeing him make his way over to her made her heart drop as she wondered if she needed to prepare herself for the worst.

"You're Taylor, Y/N's girlfriend?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, I am," Taylor said as she dried her eyes. "Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay."

The doctor sat down beside her.

"It was a pretty terrible accident. Her car flipped several times and she received some serious injuries. We had to take her in for surgery, she had some internal injuries."

"But...?"

"But she's going to be okay."

Taylor felt a huge weight lift from her shoulders and a huge sigh of relief left her lips.

"Thank goodness." She said. "Can I see her?"

"Yes. She's awake and she's asking for you." The doctor said and Taylor's eyes filled with tears again just thinking about you needing her right now.

They both stood up and she followed the doctor down the hall.

"Now, she's going to need a lot of rest and care. She's got a lot of recovering to do. She's going to need lots of TLC."

"Oh, trust me, she'll get just that. I'm going to take care of her for however long she needs to be cared for. I won't let her lift a finger." Taylor assured.

"Good. I have to go check on some other patients but she's right down that hall there in the ICU."

"Thank you so much." She sniffled.

The doctor walked away and Taylor turned her head to see that was right across from the gift shop.

She stepped in and quickly grabbed a couple of things for you.

She hid them behind her back as she walked down the hall and into your room.

She had never been so happy to see your pretty eyes and your soft smile as soon as you looked over at her.

"Tay," You spoke.

Your voice was scratchy but she loved the sound of it because she had been so terrified that she might never hear it again.

She hurried over to your bedside and pressed a few kisses across your forehead.

"Hi, my love." She grinned. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright." You said. "I've been waiting for you."

"I know, baby. I hurried here to you as fast as I could." She said as she brushed her hand across your cheek.

She could see some cuts and bruises across your face and a couple of spots where it looked as though you had some stitches.

"What do you have behind your back there?" You wondered as you saw her one hand still behind her back.

She pulled it out and you saw a cute little stuffed bear that said get well bear-y soon as well as a balloon that said get well soon.

She let it go and it floated up to the ceiling and then she placed the stuffed bear by your chest, letting you curl up to it.

"Thank you, baby. I love it so much."

"Happy anniversary." She smiled as she sat down on the chair beside your bed. "I had something much more special planned for you. I had dinner and everything ready. Candles and flowers."

"I'm so sorry." You sniffled.

"Shh, it's okay. We'll celebrate another day when you're feeling better." She promised as she gently caressed your cheek. "I'm just so happy that you're okay. I thought..."

She lowered her head as she started to cry again.

"I thought I was going to lose you." She said as her voice cracked. "I was so scared."

"Shh, Taylor," You whispered as you reached for her hand. "It's okay. I'm okay."

"I know." She said as she looked back into your eyes. "I'm so thankful. I love you so much."

"I love you too." You said as you used your other hand to wipe away her tears and she smiled a little.

"I was scared we weren't going to be able to do all of the things we hoped and dreamt of doing together. I couldn't imagine losing you. Not today on such a special day. And not anytime soon for that matter."

"Don't worry, darling. You're stuck with me until we're both old and grey." You smiled.

"Good." She said as she gently squeezed your hand and brushed her thumb across it, careful of the IV that was hooked up to it. "Me and you, old and grey and surrounded by thirteen cats. I think that's the only way I want to go."

"Me too." You chuckled. "But that's so long away. I'm not going anywhere until then. You can count on that, my love."

"My tough girl." She said before bringing your hand to her lips for a kiss. "Maybe in a bit, I can go down to the cafeteria and get us some food. We'll celebrate our anniversary here."

"Romantic." You joked and watched as her eyes lit up as she giggled. "I just want to spend forever with you, baby. I promise I'll take great care of you while you recover, okay? Whenever you get out of here, I'll make sure you're taken care of. I'll do whatever I have to. I'll wait on you hand and foot and make sure you have everything you need."

"You're all I need, Tay." You said. "Thank you."

"Thank you for hanging on and not giving up. I can't imagine life without you, my girl.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise." You said and then puckered your lips for a kiss, which Taylor happily gave you.

She put her forehead against yours gently and stared into your eyes with a sweet smile on her face, so thankful that you were going to be okay.

Because you're all she needs too.