Chapter 2

Akina would soon enter the academy and meet new clan members. She knew mostly only the Uchiha clan personally. Her father had trained her secretly since she had gotten her Sharingan. He had written a file of her in case anyone asked. However, she never wanted this training. Her father was strict and hardly ever let her play. Although Akina was still the happy girl, she was always sad.

However, today she had a good day. Not far from her estate, she was picking flowers which her mother loved so much. It was mid-spring and the girl knew that her mother liked these bright colors. Her name meant spring flower and she thought it was beautiful. She liked spring especially the cherry blossoms that bloomed in this season.

She happily jumped around the Uchiha district and greeted the people around her. She smiled at each and every one of them and infected them with her cheerfulness. No one could explain why it was so contagious but everyone liked Akina. She was special and was not as cold and emotionless as most others.

 From far away, the two could hear voices and Akina ran as fast as she could. "Itachi-Nii!!!" the little girl shouted and jumped at her big brother. Wrapping her short arms around his waist, she looked up at him. "Will you play with meee?" she asked, and when Itachi saw her bright eyes he had to smile. He ignored Shisui who was laughing next to him. "Sorry I don't have time. I have to go to training.", he said a little disappointed. Even if he loved to play with her he couldn't today. He had to turn Sasuke away a bit beforehand as well. "But..we haven't played in a long time. I don't have practice today.", Akina said a bit sadly.

Itachi knelt down to her and tapped his fingers against her forehead, smiling. He knew she liked it and thus made her smile. "I'll try to get back here quickly," he said, looking at the flowers in her small hand. "Are these for Mother?" he asked, getting a cheerful nod from her. "Yes. Mom likes spring flowers, doesn't she?" she beamed, "I'm sure she'll like them very much."

Akina smiled even more and so the sadness was blown away. Only now did she notice that Itachi was not alone. "Do you have to go to training too?" she asked the Uchiha who shook his head. "No I was just giving your brother a message." Joyfully, she looked at Shisui and clasped her hands around his arm. "Then you play with meee!" she commanded gleefully which made him laugh. "Well actually...", he muttered and was interrupted by his best friend. "She ordered it so listen to our spring flower, yes?", Itachi grinned and went on his way.

"Alright Akina. What do you want to play?", Shisui asked and was pulled by her into the house. Hours passed and Akina had given some flowers to her mother who was very happy about it. Nevertheless, Akina kept some flowers to use for Shisui. She happily decorated his hair and tried to make a flower wreath which obviously failed.

When Itachi came home and saw his best friend, he couldn't help but laugh. It was very rare that the Uchiha laughed but Akina always managed it. "Stop laughing!" scolded Shisui, crossing his arms. "Sorry Shisui it looks really pretty." Akina smiled and pointed to the remaining flowers on the floor. "Now you." she said to Itachi who gratefully declined.

"Honey there's about to be dinner you can decorate Itachi later yes?" smiled Mikoto who was already dishing up the dishes. "I hope you'll eat with us Shisui." "Of course your food always tastes delicious," the Uchiha grinned.

At dinner it was mostly silent although some sounds kept coming from Sasuke as he tried to get some words out. Smiling, Akina tried to help him which didn't work. Offended, she looked at her little brother who started to laugh. He wasn't like him and with his two years he couldn't say much.

 "Akina stop looking at your brother like that," Fugaku said, looking at her somewhat sternly. He had noticed that she didn't always take him seriously and tried to neglect training. Soon she would enter the academy and barely had time for it. He wanted to prepare her well for everything so she wouldn't slack off. Itachi was a talented boy and had managed many jutsus with ease.

Sometimes he thought Akina was equal to him but didn't show it. She messed up a lot on purpose and laughed when she did. He was not angry with her because he did not want to take away her cheerful nature. Nevertheless, he wanted her to take the training at least a little more seriously. Maybe she would enjoy it more if Itachi trained her. "Itachi-nii? Are we playing tomorrow?" asked Akina suddenly.

"I don't know. I have a mission with my team," he smiled. "You weren't there today already...", Akina muttered softly. "Wasn't I enough for you?", Shisui pouted and looked at the girl. Giggling, she nodded and apologized to him even though she didn't have to. Shisui understood that she wanted to spend more time with Itachi. They were one heart and soul.

"Akina you're going to be busy all day tomorrow. Your training has been neglected so we will be training all day!", Fugaku spoke, looking sternly at his daughter. Itachi glared at his father. How could he force her to train like this? Yes she had the Sharingan for a long time and had to know how to use it. But she was a little child who wanted to have fun in life. She wanted to play and not spend her whole life training. Itachi took it upon himself to help her and wanted to be there for her more. She should never become like him.