Chapter 19

Akina was back on her feet the next day. She was told by Kakashi how Sasuke was doing and as soon as he would wake up, he would train with him. He also told her how the other fights turned out. So Lee had been hit the hardest. "Teach Sasuke the chidori, please," Akina asked. "That's what I had in mind," Kakashi smiled. Smiling, she looked at the Jonin. "Just don't make him late for his fight." The Jonin smiled under his mask and scratched the back of his head. Even though he kept trying, he just couldn't be on time. Obito had definitely rubbed off on him Akina knew that too. Itachi and Shisui had told about him and she also knew from her father that Kakashi had gotten his sharingan.

"All right, I'm going to go see Lee," Akina smiled and left the hospital room. Before she went to see Lee, however, she would get some flowers. It would surely make him happy. In a meadow of flowers, the Uchiha gathered as many flowers as she could. Even if they weren't spring flowers others had to hold out which ones worked as well.

Jumping slightly, she arrived back at the hospital and happily opened the door where Lee was. Even though he was a bit sleepy from the medicine, he was happy to see his girlfriend. "Oii Lee, how are you?" "Fine so far I guess," he replied, smiling gently. The rest of the team watched Akina who hopped lightly onto the bed and knelt over his legs. "Here you go.", she grinned and almost slapped the flowers in his face.

TenTen started laughing and had to put her hand over her mouth. Akina really was still like she was back then. "Thank you so much.", Lee spoke and blubbered. He had always been close to water and had not received flowers from her in a very long time. Smiling, she looked at Lee and extended more flowers to the others. "You guys get some too!" she beamed. Guy was confused and looked at his team.

"You know Sensei. Akina brought flowers to the academy almost every day. Every now and then she would make us wear them in our hair," smiled TenTen, who accepted the flowers. "Oh, I see," Guy grinned and happily took the flowers. Only Neji hesitated and just got them pressed into his hand. "Don't argue with me Neji!" laughed Akina. She still hadn't given up on him and the Hyuga was glad he was okay.

He hadn't slept a wink all night and was afraid she would have to be in the hospital longer. He should have known that nothing would knock her out. "Tell me Akina. Why didn't you ever have a team?" asked TenTen, and the Uchiha explained why. "How without a test? You became a chunin just like that!?" she almost shouted. "Yeah I just found out a few weeks ago too." she grinned.

When TenTen had calmed down a bit, she looked at her friend. "You Akina?" "Huh? What's up?" "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when your clan was killed," the brown-haired girl spoke out, looking down at her feet. Even Neji and Lee looked at the Uchiha apologetically. Through all the training they had completely forgotten what had happened. "It's okay, I knew you were busy," Akina said calmly. "How can you just accept that!" shouted TenTen.

"Well what's there to talk about? Nobody could do anything and nobody can undo it. You can only try to come to terms with it, and besides, I wasn't alone. I had Sasuke to take care of, so it was all good," Akina smiled honestly, causing astonished faces. Even Guy found it admirable that such a young girl simply accepted this day. Of course it wasn't easy for Akina, but she couldn't tell them why Itachi really did it. To her alone, her big brother was a hero. Everyone else would forever see him as a murderer who had no feelings.

Neji's heart tightened a little. He had always ignored her even when she needed him the most. Despite her sadness, she had always tried to talk to him or make him laugh. Not even then had he expressed his condolences, which he regretted to this day. But he had the feeling that she still hadn't given up on him.

"I have something else to tell you," Akina murmured. "What is it?" asked Lee. "It has something to do with the day we were attacked in the forest," she spoke and exhaled before telling them the truth.