Chapter 36

Akina walked around nervously. A few hours ago, it was reported that there was a big sandstorm that was very dangerous. Some ninjas from Sunagakure had to go to bring the genin to safety, so that they could move on again after the storm. Akina was worried about her team and would have liked to go with them. However, Gaara had asked her to stay in the village because she did not know what to do. Admittedly, the Kazekage was right, although the Uchiha would have used her Susanoo despite the ban.

Whether Asuma, Kurenai and Guy were already looking for their students? With Guy, she could imagine that such a sandstorm would not knock him out. Nervously, Akina kneaded her hands and tried to organize her thoughts. She was panicking way too much right now and thinking some things she shouldn't. "You can do it..." she muttered softly.

"Good we have you with us.", Lee grinned as he was with his team under the big cooking pot which TenTen took out of her scroll. "Shut up Lee." she hissed evenly, annoyed that this was all she ever got down on. She could fight, too, couldn't she? Why couldn't they understand that she wasn't just dragging the luggage along? "We'll wait until the storm has stopped and then we'll move on," Neji spoke to calm the situation a bit. Even though it was exhausting they had to keep a cool head.

"How much longer do you think it will take?" asked TenTen of her friends, who didn't know themselves. "Minutes or even hours," Neji admitted and activated his Byakugan. Even though he could see far with it, he saw nothing but sand dust. "I can't see anything," he reported. The sandstorm would probably last longer than he thought.

"Tell me, Neji. What else did Akina want from you?" the brown-haired girl wanted to know. Actually, she had wanted to ask him about it for a while but had put it off. Neji didn't want to tell them that they had kissed. There was no room for it right now and he wanted to concentrate on the exam. Only because of TenTen he had to think of her warm lips again and all that tingling he felt. "Nothing important why?" he asked when he had collected himself a bit.

 "Oh, nothing. I thought she wanted something." "She must have told him she loved him," Lee joked, laughing. TenTen didn't think it was funny at all that he was joking about it even though it might sound so off putting. Silently, Neji exhaled and closed his eyes. If Lee only knew what had happened, he would completely scream the whole village together.

The Huga activated his byakugan once again. "The storm is subsiding." "That means we can go on?" asked Lee, getting a nod from his friend. "How coooool!" cried Lee, lifting the pot from himself. Searching, he looked around and noticed that a lot had changed. "Um..tell me Neji. Which direction do we have to go?" The man in question searched the area with his byakugan. He could only dimly remember what it looked like before. "That way." he said when he could make out something with his eyes. Soon they would be safely out of this desert.