Chapter 44

Akina followed Naruto and Kakashi who were a few meters ahead of her. Deidara kept raining his clay sculptures down on them, which then exploded. "Explosion!" shouted Deidara, laughing. The best art was for a moment and not for eternity! He could see a girl joining in which was quite similar to Itachi. How he hated that idiot. "Explosion!"

Akina had to dodge the clay birds which exploded in front of her. Even though something like that was a good weapon, it was just annoying. How much clay did he have to carry to be able to make so many animals?

"I have an idea.", Kakashi said and lifted his headband. "You want to use it?" asked Akina, and Naruto just didn't understand anything. "We have no choice." Akina had to admit that it might work. But she didn't know how much chakra cost his Kamui which he had trained for a long time. "Alright, but take care of your chakra," she asked him.

Every now and then she could hear the voices of her own team who were still busy with their fights. "We have to be stronger than yesterday!" said Lee. What was wrong with him now? "Yes Lee! Better than yesterday!" shouted Guy delightedly. Whatever her team meant by that Akina hoped it would help. She had never caught those words from Guy.

"Naruto!" yelled Kakashi, and Akina didn't catch what was going on. She was once again too much in her thoughts. His plan had probably worked, because he had made off with one arm while Naruto was flailing wildly.

Akina saw the red chakra and could only think it was coming from the Kyubi. Kakashi kept trying to get to him and when he finally did, he slapped a seal on his forehead. The red chakra slowly dissipated and a heavily breathing Naruto looked at the two. "What happened?" "Nothing bad," Kakashi reassured him. Why couldn't he know what had happened?

Not far from them, Deidara stopped and took a breath. He had underestimated this Jinchuuriki. With his hand, he formed a large clay bird to escape. "You want to disappear?" asked Akina when she finally found him. "An Uchiha, hn?" he grinned. "I know your brother, hn." "I know, you don't have to tell me." With her sharingan, she watched him. "Art is an explosion!" he exclaimed causing Akina to look at him quizzically. What was going on now?

Deidara's fingers lifted and laughed. "I'll show you what art is!" he shouted, making the clay bird grow bigger and bigger. Shocked, Akina widened her eyes and ran away. "Hey Akina we're finally here." said TenTen, looking at her questioningly. "We have to get out of here!" "Why that?" asked Lee, and no sooner had he said it than they heard the explosion which was coming towards all of them.

Neji reacted quickly and pulled Akina to the ground with him, pushing her head down a bit to protect her. The Uchiha noticed that Neji was above her and hoped that he did not get a big injury from it. Although the explosion was close to her team, only a short warmth could be felt which dissipated again. Puzzled by this, Akina raised her head and saw Kakashi holding his eye. He had actually saved her team with his Kamui.

"Gaara. Hey Gaara!" Naruto repeated to himself as he regained consciousness. Chiyo had transferred her life energy to him, sacrificing herself. "Naruto?" the Kazekage asked wearily, looking around. In the clearing, all those who supported him were gathered, rejoicing that he was alive again. "They're all here because of you," Naruto grinned at his friend, who couldn't believe it. He had always thought he was insignificant.

When Gaara learned what Chiyo had done, he wanted to have a nice funeral for her. Everyone in the village would know what she had done and would remember her. Even Akina had to shed some tears. Although she didn't really know Chiyo, she would never forget what she had done.

In front of the gate, the group had gathered to say goodbye to Gaara and his siblings. "Actually, the moment would be when you shake hands," Naruto said, scratching the back of his neck.

His hand was lifted by a slight swirl of sand until it reached Gaara's hand. Surprised, Naruto looked at his friend who smiled. He really was a very good friend to him. "Well then Gaara, I'm sure we'll meet again!" exclaimed Akina simply, grinning. "Akina this is the Kazekage, behave yourself!" grumbled TenTen. Gaara smirked, still expecting something like that. "What? He's used to it.", Akina laughed.

"Come on you lame slugs!", TenTen shouted to her sensei who supported Kakashi. "Lame slugs?" asked Guy, taking his backpack forward and lifting Kakashi onto his back. "Guy what are you doing?" he asked, finding it awkward. "I'll show you who the lame slugs are!" shouted Guy, running off. "GUUUY!"

"Ouu yeees Sensei Guy!" shouted Lee, taking his backpack forward as well and crouching down. "Nah come on Neji, we'll catch up with them!" "Forget it!" said the latter quickly. "I'll dooo iiiit!!!" laughed Akina and kissed Neji's cheek before jumping on Lee's back. "Nah go Lee, we'll catch up to them!", Akina yelled delightedly as he ran off.

"Hey wait up!" shouted TenTen, running after them. Neji, Sakura and Naruto also ran. "How can you stand those two?" asked Sakura. "You get used to it," Neji admitted, smiling. He probably wouldn't forget that moment when Akina was happy to be carried.