Chapter 3

"Try harder Akina!" Akina breathed and looked up at her father, who ordered her to the floor. Although she had hoped today that she could play with Itachi her hope was taken away. Her father had been right. There was no way he wanted her to neglect training. "Get up!"

With trembling legs, the five-year-old stood up. She couldn't anymore although she still had some strength and chakra left. She had already deactivated the Sharingan since she wanted to save her energy. "Come on attack me!" Even though Fugaku knew she couldn't anymore he wanted to make her strong. His little girl would eventually be fine without help but he had to make her stronger. She couldn't keep her cheerful disposition forever. When she got into a fight she had to act.

Akina ran at her father with the kunai and noticed that her movements were slower. Her father grabbed her by the arm again and launched her to the ground. "Too slow! Akina concentrate!" Breathing heavily, she tried to stand up. She could take no more and her body shook with fatigue. "Get up!"

The Uchiha knew what her father was asking, but she couldn't do it anymore. She wanted to stop but no one was here to help her. Sasuke slept just like her mother. Her father built a room so they could train without disturbing anyone. Fugaku knew she still had some power and ran towards her with the kunai. If she still had a spark of energy she would be able to fend off his attack. The chief lashed out and let the kunai come at her. Just before her face, his kunai was stopped.

"Stop it she can't!" said Itachi a little too loudly. He came home a few minutes ago and had seen that Akina's bedroom was still open. He knew he would find her here. "Tell her to get up!" Itachi looked at his sister who had several scratches on her face. How long had they been training here? Her trembling did not go unnoticed by him. "She needs a rest, Father." Fugaku looked at his son and briefly glanced at Akina who closed her eyes wearily. Had he overestimated her?

Briefly, the head closed his eyes and exhaled. "Well I will give her a break. Tomorrow we'll continue training." Akina was too tired to say anything. She didn't want to train anymore. She should have fun and play with the other kids. "I'll take over her training starting tomorrow," Itachi said firmly, helping his little sister up. "You want to train your sister?" asked Fugaku, raising his eyebrow. "Yes I will teach her everything I can."

Briefly, the Uchiha had to think about it. Itachi could still teach her a lot. He was a talented boy and often trained with Shisui. "Very well I will leave her to you. I will test her as soon as she is ready." Although Itachi didn't think it was a good idea he wasn't allowed to say anything. He knew his father and he would already find something that could hurt him. "It's alright father.", he only said and carried his exhausted sister to her room.

Carefully he laid her on the bed and covered her. "Itachi-Nii?" murmured Akina, opening her eyes slightly. "What is it?" "Can you stay with me?" the little girl asked, holding onto his sleeve. She didn't want to be alone after all that training. She wanted to have her big brother with her who always took care of her. He should stay with her, stroke her hair and wipe away her tears if she had any. Itachi smiled at his little sister and nodded. He wanted to do her this favor after having to stand her up so many times.

 After Itachi lay down under the covers, Akina slid closer to him. As always, he stroked her hair so she could fall asleep. "Thank you..." she whispered softly before sinking into the land of dreams.

Itachi looked at his sleeping sister. Even though she had her eyes closed he could see her exhaustion. "I'll take care of you Akina, I promise."