Chapter 5

"Alright Akina show me what you can do." asked Itachi who was with her and Shisui near the lake. He didn't want to risk anything if she had mastered the fire jutsus. Akina activated her Sharingan and ran towards Itachi with the kunai. As fast as she could, she struck again and again, managing to dodge his attacks. She lacked nothing in speed and her technique was very well advanced.

Itachi formed his finger signs which Akina immediately copied. "Jutsu of the flaming fireball!" they both shouted and the fire collided. Itachi was amazed at how big their fire already was and disappeared before their eyes. Akina could see some crowing and lashed out with her fist as she felt his chakra behind her. "Not bad." he grinned, testing her knowledge of genjutsu.

Akina knew that her brother was highly talented in genjutsus and could solve it within seconds. Itachi briefly lost his concept and had to dodge Akina's fist. Again and again there was an exchange of blows and Itachi had to admit that his sister was further along than he thought.

Quickly the Uchiha drew his katana and ran towards her. He wanted to know what she would do if he confronted her. Akina tried to see his steps ahead with her sharingan. Just before he reached her and lashed out with the katana, Akina used the deception jutsu and had him slam into a tree trunk. From a safe distance, she sent a double at him which he destroyed in short order.

 Patiently, Itachi looked around. She had to be somewhere, but he could no longer feel her chakra. Out of nowhere, several flames came at him, which he had to dodge. "So she's already got the Phoenix Flower, too," he thought.

Shisui watched the fight closely. Why did Fugaku want her to get better? She was already better than many her age. She was even better than a chunin.

 Akina narrowed her eyes. Her hand pressed on her head and she couldn't understand why her eyes hurt. Had she used too much chakra? Briefly she collected herself and leaned against the tree trunk where she was hiding. She had to pull herself together now and attack. For a moment, the girl's vision blurred until she stood up and sent flames at Itachi again.

Because Itachi had to dodge them, she ran at him as fast as she could and lashed out with the kunai that hit him in the side. His form fizzled out and a cold blade grazed her neck. "You were distracted or you would have seen it was a double," Itachi said, letting her go. Towards the end she suddenly weakened even though it started so well. Briefly, he could see Akina squint her eyes and knelt down in front of her.

 "What's wrong with your eyes?" he asked, concerned. "I don't know. They just started to burn." Gently, Itachi stroked her temples with his thumb and looked at her eyes. When she fought, she had the three tomoe on her eyes as usual but he couldn't explain why her eyes hurt again. "Don't worry it will be better soon," he smiled and patted her forehead.

"Come on let's go eat dangos." Joyfully, Akina agreed. Like him, she loved dangos and happily hopped ahead. "Could it be that she saw Someone important die?", Shisui asked his friend. "So much I don't know. Shisui I don't even want to think about her seeing Someone die. She should never get the Mangekyou Sharingan. You know that if you use it too much, you lose your sight." Shisui nodded. It was only a thought from him as her eyes hurt again. Itachi knew there was no harm in it. If he didn't know better, he would have agreed with him. He would check the books to see if there was anything to be found. Itachi wanted to keep his sister away from this power.