Chapter 42

After the team learned that Kankuro was injured, Sakura did not want to leave until she had healed him. She had really made great progress and Akina was glad that she was expanding her basic knowledge of healing jutsus. She couldn't do surgery like Sakura, but at least she wouldn't be completely lost when she had to heal someone.

When Kankuro woke up he asked Naruto to get his brother back. He could still tell them that Scorpion had kidnapped him with another guy. Chiyo who overheard winced at that name. "We'll get him back. For real now.", Naruto said seriously. The team couldn't wait any longer. However, they had to make sure to get some rest as well. They were not as used to the constant running as Akina was. Even if Naruto had enough chakra, he also had to take a short break.

The team had decided to leave the next morning before the sun came up. Kakashi had already written a report which was on its way to Tsunade. "I'll come with you," Chiyo said. She would be able to help them best against Sasori. For a few minutes, they discussed their approach so that Baki would also know. As soon as it was possible, he would send reinforcements.

On the way, Chiyo began to talk about the bijuu spirits. She had a very different opinion than Akina. She had never seen the bijuus as monsters. After all, Naruto wasn't one either. From the look on his face, she could see how it made him angry. He and Gaara were exactly the same in that regard. They were shunned and hated for what they were. Akina could never really understand why the residents always thought they were a monster. According to her father, they were just afraid that the Kyubi might break out.

They came to a stop in a clearing and saw a light mist clearing. A crow sat in a tree and glared at the group. Akina gulped and tried to suppress her trembling. "Stay behind me." she said as she pulled herself together and stood in front of the team. "Why?" asked Sakura. Kakashi looked at the Uchiha and saw that she had already activated her sharingan. Could it really be that he was here?

"Long time no see Akina.", said a male voice which appeared in front of the team. Even though he looked like Itachi and had his chakra Akina sensed he wasn't the real thing. "Don't look him in the eye.", she asked her team without taking her eyes off Itachi. "Do you really want to fight me, Akina?" the Uchiha asked. "Not really, but since you're in our way, I guess I have to."

Itachi looked at his little sister. He had to admit that she had become beautiful. If he remembered correctly, she must be 18 now. I wonder if she had a boyfriend. He hadn't watched her with his crows in a long time. The danger was too great that Akatsuki would find her faster that way. "You don't want to fight me. You're not strong enough about your feelings." Itachi also didn't want to fight Akina but he couldn't just let her through either. Pain would catch on and he would betray Akatsuki like that.

"Even though you are my big brother I will clear a path for us," Akina smiled lightly and drew her katana. Briefly, the corners of Itachi's mouth lifted so it couldn't be seen. At least she hadn't lost her smile towards him. "As you wish Akina.", Itachi spoke emotionlessly and drew his old katana. Even though he no longer fought with it he had prepared himself to face her.

"Akina are you sure you can do it alone?" asked Kakashi. "I'm the only one who can fight him without getting into his genjutsu. Once I get him into a fight, you guys go ahead." "But Akina..." "No Sakura. You must go on to Gaara. He will die if we waste time here. Itachi won't kill me."

Even though Naruto didn't like it, Akina was right. If they waited any longer, Gaara would die. "We're counting on you," Naruto grinned. Akina smiled and closed her eyes briefly to steady her breathing. Her hand gripped her katana tighter and ran toward Itachi. Even though Itachi wanted to appear composed, he was briefly amazed at how fast and strong she had become. Even though her body didn't look well-trained, she had a powerful punch.

Again and again Akina lashed out and tried to hit Itachi, who was able to deflect her attacks skillfully. Even when she used her lightning chakra it was no problem for him. The Uchiha had to approach him differently and jumped back a few meters. "Flaming fireball jutsu!" she yelled, taking in as much breath as she could. The orange-black flame shot toward Itachi who could not move for a moment. She connected the Amaterasu with the normal fire!?

"Now." she told her team who looked at her briefly in amazement and then disappeared. Kakashi was used to how she fought, but she had never seen those black flames on her. When Akina was sure that the others were far enough away, she dissolved her jutsu. Crows flew around which came closer to her. Shortly before her, they gathered together again. The Uchiha did not hesitate long and struck with her katana. The crows dispersed and Itachi lay panting on the ground in front of her.

"It would have been nice to see my real brother," Akina spoke as he looked at her. A brief smile came from Itachi before he dissolved and a stranger lay before her. "Perhaps we will meet again someday Itachi-Nii."