Chapter 52

Akina walked around the village a bit. A few hours ago, she had seen off her team, which had been given a mission. Tsunade had asked her to stay in the village to have as many strong shinobi as possible. Guy's team couldn't do that much damage from far away, although TenTen would be good in a ranged fight. However, if Pain was to come, then they could make good use of a full Sharingan.

Naruto had been gone for some time and nothing major had happened yet. Perhaps Akatsuki had caught on that the Uzumaki was not in the village. "One dango please," she ordered politely and paid for it right away. All the waiting had made Akina hungry and as she was about to eat her dangos she heard a noise. Quickly the Uchiha jumped onto a roof and could see a huge rhino running through the village.

Several Jonin and Anbu were already keeping the animal at bay. Automatically Akina activated her Sharingan. In the animal's eye, she could clearly see the Rinnegan. "Pain...", she hissed and was about to leave to help the others. However, she immediately heard screaming from another corner.

Without hesitation, she ran over and recognized a man who also had a Rinnegan. There must be all six here. More and more screams and explosions could be heard and Akina didn't know where to go first. "Akina!" she heard Kakashi call, coming in her direction. "Kakashi where should I help?" she asked right away. "Anywhere really, but there's one nearby that's not so easy to attack." "Alright let's go!"

Akina and Kakashi came to a stop in the middle of the rubble. In front of them stood Pain who looked emotionless. "Where's the Kyuubi?" he asked right away. "We'll never tell you!" came from Akina.

Pain looked at the young woman and smirked. "So you're Itachi's sister. He had done everything he could to keep you from coming to us." Akina froze. Akatsuki wanted her? "Akina concentrate!" admonished Kakashi who was already pulling up his headband. The Uchiha exhaled briefly and had to agree with the Hatake. Konoha and Naruto were more important now.

Akina drew her katana and attacked first. Pain was able to easily dodge her every once and only raised his hand to fling her away. "How...? No jutsu?" the Uchiha gasped as she hit the ground. "We should attack him wisely.", Kakashi said, having tried to analyze him. "He was able to deflect each of my attacks. How should we catch him then?"

Kakashi thought. He had to have a weak spot after all. "He might have a blind spot." Akina exhaled and looked at her partner. "And how are we supposed to figure that one out?" "Keep attacking him. You can leave the rest to me." Somewhat confused, she looked at Kakashi before nodding. He had to have some sort of plan already. Firmly gripping her katana, Akina gathered her chakra into her feet.

Quickly she shot towards Pain and continued to attack him. Again and again she swung the katana around and jumped on the side to hit him on his back. Somewhat amused, he watched the woman and raised his hand. Would they really think he was that easy to defeat?

Briefly, Akina thought she was being flung back again. However, his attack was directed at Kakashi who shot towards him. Quickly, the Uchiha pushed the Jonin to the side before one of the sticks could pierce him. Breathing heavily, she looked at Pain. So he could draw people to him like a magnet with his bare hands. "Thank you...", Kakashi said and stood up again. "Kakashi it's no use." "We have to keep trying and stall him."

Akina looked at Kakashi. How were they supposed to stall him if they couldn't even hit him? "Kakashi I can..." "No you won't use your Mangekyou Sharingan!" "But..." "Akina, your brother didn't want it and you know exactly why. Even though it might help us, you can't risk your health. Otherwise you won't help Konoha at all!" Akina swallowed. He was right, she couldn't use it. "Alright then. Then we'll just finish him off like this.", she spoke and stood ready to fight.