Chapter 21

Unfortunately, Lee did not get better and had to stay in the hospital. Akina was glad that she was admitted without any problems. The team had gathered at the training ground to support Neji for his fight against Naruto. Before that though, the Uchiha had to watch TenTen unleash their weapons on the Hyuga. "Rotation!" he yelled, spinning on his own axis.

Neji was able to create a dome with his chakra that protected him from all sides. He had really improved a lot and he didn't even seem like he needed a break. TenTen, on the other hand, was breathing like a log and resting her hands on her thighs. According to Lee, she was supposed to be more fit. Guy kept chasing her around Konoha, after all. His training had been quite intense, and through Guy, Lee had improved in taijutsu as well.

Actually, the Jonin fit in with them. He had a great will and a lot of team spirit. Even if he lost now and then against Kakashi he did not give up. Akina still didn't understand why Lee wore such a suit but if it helped him why not.

"I can't do it anymore." the brown haired girl gasped when Guy talked about not giving up. "Akina then." "Huh what?" the Uchiha responded right away. "You're still in top shape. Your level exceeds that of Neji so he can go wild." Neji had to grin a little at those words. Guy was right. He needed a strong opponent. "Nah well if it helps."

Shortly after, the different clans faced each other. Akina had taken her katana with her which she had bought a few days ago. Constantly using these kunais was exhausting. She had some in her leg pocket in case she needed them.

"Don't hold back.", Neji spoke and took his fighting stance. "Wasn't planning on it." Akina spoke quite seriously which the Hyuga noticed. She used to smile when they trained together and hardly took it seriously. I wonder if all the missions made her that way.

 The Uchiha activated her Sharingan, which no longer had a Tomoe. Fine black lines decorated her red eyes. Akina had practiced a lot so that she no longer had this tomoe which every Uchiha got after a lot of training. Like Itachi, she wanted to have a special shape. "Ready to go?" she asked Neji who nodded and activated his Byakugan.

Quickly Akina attacked and kicked him away with her foot. "Damn, she's fast," he thought, immediately dodging her next attack. His Byakugan had trouble keeping up with her speed. He tried to hit her chakra points but Akina could see his movement ahead. 

Even when Akina applied her fireball, he barely escaped. The flames had grown larger and warmer. Briefly, he could see something black in the orange flames. "So you saw it." she smirked at his look. She had combined the Amaterasu with her fire jutsu so the attack could be more effective.

TenTen nibbled on her fingernails. Her friend was strong and showed no exhaustion. Whereas Neji was already starting to breathe. "Jutsu of the lightning dragon.", Akina said and sent the lightning dragon at Neji. "Rotation!" he shouted, escaping the lightning bolts that hit the dome.

When he finished his turn, he felt a blow to his stomach which threw him back several meters. Akina quickly ran towards the Hyuga and lashed out with the katana she had edged with her lightning. She paused just before his face and looked down at the Hyuga.

A few millimeters from his nose he could see the tip of the katana. He had to admit that he didn't stand a chance against her and closed his eyes. "You shouldn't be so sure of yourself, Neji," Akina said softly, putting her katana away. Smiling, she held out her hand to help him up. "This is what the power of eternal youth looks like!" roared Guy, giving a thumbs up. "Excuse me!? I thought she was going to kill him!" roared TenTen, not meaning the statement maliciously. Akina could have killed Neji with no problem even though she hadn't even tried.

Neji looked down at the ground. He had overestimated himself and had to accept defeat. "You've really improved, though," smiled Akina who almost pressed her face against his. Briefly, Neji became nervous and blushed a little around the nose. Her eyes still shimmered as beautifully as before. "Thanks...", he murmured softly. "Hey Neji. Did you really thank me now?" she laughed and was happy.

Guy watched the two and thought they would make a cute couple. The Jonin remembered what Akina said, that she still had something to do. Through Lee's stories, he knew what was going on with Neji and why he was changing. Akina wanted the old Neji back. That was her goal.