Chapter 12

As promised, Akina intercepted Neji on his way to the academy and had flowers with him. She had gone extra early in the morning to pick him some. Cheerfully she ran next to Neji who looked stubbornly forward. Even though he could see out of the corner of his eye how happy she seemed, he didn't want to be. The sun had already risen and the sun's rays lit up her face. "Take already.", she smiled and held out the flowers to him.

 "I told you yesterday I didn't want them," he said, not looking at Akina. "I'll keep bugging you until you take it." "You can wait a long time for that." came coldly from the Hyuga, walking a little faster. The now six year old was able to keep up with him well. "Hey Neji why are you like this?" asked Akina suddenly, throwing him off a bit. "What's it supposed to be?"

Briefly Akina thought and looked at him with her dark eyes. "I know that your father is dead. I don't know what exactly happened, but somehow you seem so...angry." Neji's hands balled into fists and stopped. "None of your business!" he shouted angrily, looking into her eyes. For a moment, his hatred lingered as he saw those gleaming eyes of the Uchiha and shook his head. He was not allowed to give in and get stronger to show the main family how weak they were.

"I think so, after all I'm your best friend," she grinned. "You're not," he said coldly and continued walking. "You can tell me what you want, but you're not getting rid of me." Neji kept trying to lose the Uchiha which never worked. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? "Is it something to do with Hinata?" asked Akina suddenly, causing his eyes to widen. This did not go unnoticed by the black haired girl. "So I'm right."

"It's simply about the main family nothing more nothing less," the Hyuga finally admitted. He couldn't deny it anymore at least not with her. "I can also ask my father he surely knows."

"Now listen to me! I do not care what you know and what you want to know! I want you to leave me alone kappier! Whatever you want from me you won't get and that you are my best friend, I never said!", Neji hissed and left Akina standing there. She couldn't even answer him because he wouldn't let her talk. "What's wrong with Neji?" asked TenTen who noticed his behavior. He had never spoken to Akina like that. "Something with his family, that's all I know," Akina answered. She didn't want to tell her friend what she suspected yet.

"He's an idiot. Why are you going to such trouble?" the brown-haired girl asked. "Because I don't want to give up. I want the old Neji back." Briefly, TenTen exhaled. "I don't think he'll go back to being the Neji we've come to know." Akina started to smile and looked at her friend. "I still won't give up. One day he'll realize that this hatred won't get him anywhere."

"If you say so.", TenTen gave out and walked towards the academy. She realized that Neji was no longer part of her group. He became a loner which only wanted to train. Akina was blind. She would not be able to bring him back. Even if she hoped to see Neji laugh again, it would never happen again.