Chapter 65

"Akina!" shouted several especially Neji shouted out her name loudly. Madara was not allowed to kill her! Just before Madara's blade pierced her body it was stopped a few millimeters from her. Akina's head was lowered and Neji activated his Byakugan. He could see her altered chakra flow and began to tremble slightly. "Neji what's going on?" asked TenTen. "She's using it.", he breathed. "What are you talking about?" asked Sasuke, narrowing his eyes. "What is she putting in?" Neji glanced at Sasuke and lowered his gaze. "Something which was forbidden by Itachi."

Sasuke didn't understand what exactly he was trying to say. "What's that!" one of the ninja yelled, and Sasuke could see with his own eyes what Neji meant. Akina's black Susanoo was getting bigger and bigger. It doesn't even seem like she knows what's happening. "Akina..."

The whole shinobi alliance had never seen anything like it. They knew many susanoos of the Uchiha but none was like Akina's. Even her Sharingan had a different shape. Sasuke recognized the flowers on her Susanoo's head. He remembered the fight with Itachi where he had to put on a wreath of flowers. He had seen Itachi's memory when Akina made him and Shisui a flower wreath for the fight. Was that why Susanoo had done it to her? Even when he wasn't close to her he could see the flower pattern in her sharingan. Itachi had forbidden her to use that power. He knew it would cause one to lose his sight.

Akina looked into the eyes of Madara, who looked at her with widened eyes. He had not expected her to have the Mangekyou Sharingan. Even if he was not allowed to look into her eyes, he could not look away. It was impossible with this pattern. The Susanoo drew his blade and lunged for his strike. Madara could only just avoid him and put as much distance as possible. However, the Susanoo had other plans. He ran after him and swung his blade again and again. Several Zetsus who were in the way were cut to pieces. If they had been normal humans, they would not have survived this blow. No one had ever survived his blade.

Kakashi came back to the battlefield breathing heavily. After the fight with Obito, he had to rest and sew up the wound. What he saw was Akina's Susanoo chasing Madara. Blood ran from her eyes which were fixed on the Uchiha. Why did she have to use it?

"Sensei Kakashi!" shouted Sakura, running towards him. "What's going on?" he asked, and was immediately enlightened by her. So Neji had told them what had happened about years ago when she was protecting her friends. Since then she had used her Mangekyou Sharingan once and that was on a mission with him. Only to protect him she had used it. From a distance he could see Sasuke who could not take his eyes off his sister. What was going through his mind?