Chapter 20

Akina sat trembling on the floor. She could see the blood on the bodies of her friends who were fortunately not too hurt. Her fingers dug into the ground in anger. She would not let anything happen to them!

Her eyes hurt and as she slowly stood up and raised her eyes she could see the fear of her opponents. The three ninjas raised their weapons to stand ready. The girl's sharingan had changed. It was no longer the three Tomoe. It looked like a flower which circled briefly.

Enraged, Akina gritted her teeth and attacked the ninjas. Again and again she inflicted injuries on them. She held the kunai tightly in her hand and did not stop attacking the ninjas. The men struggled to defend themselves against her and when they ran out of katanas they had to resort to their jutsus.

Each of them had a different chakra element. Water, earth and fire came at the five year old. The men hooted in delight as their jutsus shot toward the girl and no counterattack came.

As if in a trance, she stood before them with her head lowered. She didn't even have a single scratch. Around her a black shape formed which grew bigger and bigger. The three men were trembling. They had never seen anything like it. 

The black skeleton continued to deform until it wore armor. Light flowers bordered the figure's helmet. There weren't many but you could see they were cherry blossoms. Akina slowly stretched out her arm. The great sword that had the form towered up. The girl didn't hesitate and only the screams of the men could be heard. Blood spattered out at her, soiling her clothes.

As the screams slowly stopped, Akina began to tremble. Blood spurted from her eyes and her body felt tired. The figure kept getting smaller until it collapsed and Itachi heard her name screamed.

"My brother told me that this character is called Susanoo. For a long time I didn't know what had happened. It was all a blur. But every now and then I dreamed about it and I told my brother, his best friend and the Hokagen. Until today only they knew about it and I want you to keep it to yourselves.", Akina said finished and only looked at her hands. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

Her team looked at her with wide eyes and couldn't get a word out. Guy swallowed and knew the extended Sharingan. However, he had never heard of it being able to look like a flower. Actually, many Mangekyou Sharingans were similar. Most of the time it was different circles, lines or dots. But a flower was never mentioned.

"You saved our lives that way?" TenTen asked after she had processed everything. "I think so. I was told that these men did not survive." Understanding, TenTen nodded and looked at her comrades who didn't know what to say.

"Why are you telling it now?" Neji asked, curious. He knew Akina's abilities from their training together. So she was already stronger than he thought. "To be a good team you have to trust someone. Even though we've known each other for a long time, we haven't seen each other for a long time. I wanted to show you that I can trust you despite everything," she replied. "Besides, I haven't used my Mangekyou Sharingan since that day. I didn't want to kill anyone with it and I know what a mistake it was.", Akina honestly admitted and smiled. "I want to protect my friends without this power!"