Chapter 29

Lee almost choked during the meal when Akina told them everything. At first, her team didn't believe it, but when she held out the document that officially confirmed it, everyone was happy for her. To celebrate, Guy bought them a bottle of sake. However, they had to be careful that Lee didn't drink too much so that he didn't destroy the equipment. "Congratulations," Neji said when he read the certificate as well. Akina deserved it and had been ahead of them for a long time. She had already proven that when she had awakened her Magekyou Sharingan for them.

"That means we won't be seeing as much of you, right?" asked TenTen. "Yeah but I'm still on your team. I'm just helping Kakashi so he doesn't have to go alone," she spoke. "Besides, I'm sure there'll be a new chunin exam for you to participate in soon. And I can't be there either."

Guy nodded and agreed with the Uchiha. The three had to go through the exam alone. "But we would have a better chance with you.", Lee mumbled and had slightly flushed cheeks. "That's not true. You've gotten along without me for a long time." "Akina is right Lee. We came to the first test without her.", Neji said who hadn't said anything yet.

 As the dango skewers arrived, each held out one of their plates to the Uchiha, who raised an eyebrow in question. "What's that about?" she asked immediately. "Nah, they're silly for you." TenTen grinned. "You always gave us something and it's also a gift for your new rank.", Neji added and Lee confirmed everything with a nod. 

With tears of joy, Akina accepted the skewers and thanked them. She didn't think she was receiving dangos from them. Guy laughed happily and couldn't hold back his tears. In his opinion he had the best team he could have. "I love you guys!", Akina said suddenly and laughed a bit. She was happy to be able to sit here especially because she had her friends. 

 Neji looked at the Uchiha. How badly he wanted to tell her he loved her. But he didn't want to do it in front of the others. It was something he wanted to say to her alone. "Ohhh I love you tooooo!", Lee cried, who had a bit too much sake and was crying. 

Not even a second later Akina had to dodge his arms which came across the table. From outside, the villagers heard a huge noise coming from the restaurant. You could hear Akina's laughter and several screams. Even if you didn't really know what was going on in there, you could still hear a name responsible for it. 

 "LEE!"