Chapter 17

Akina listened to her brother with amusement as he told her who he had to team up with. She could well imagine how Naruto behaved. Even if she didn't know Sakura personally, she would do well for Sasuke. Unfortunately, Akina couldn't get on his nerves anymore so someone else had to take over. When she heard from Sasuke who his sensei was she had to laugh.

"What's there to laugh about!" he shouted. "Nothing all good.", she laughed. The Uchiha knew Kakashi very well. Every now and then she had a mission with him to which he was always late. Even Itachi had told her about his unpunctuality. Sasuke will see how the Hatake was. Nevertheless Akina had to admit that he was a very strong Jonin. She was even allowed to fight him herself. His Sharingan which he got from Obito he could use quite well.

"When is your first practice?" asked Akina. "Tomorrow. He said it was survival training and that we shouldn't eat." "Survival training then?" she smirked. "Just don't leave too early will you?" she asked him which confused Sasuke. Why wouldn't he go on time? If only he had listened to his sister.

While Sasuke had his training Akina was asked to the Hokagen. Without thinking, she happily opened the door and greeted the old man. "Learn to knock already!" her old sensei from the academy shouted and was looked at by Shikaku Nara and a man she didn't know. "You wanted to see me?" asked Akina, glaring at the Hokagen. "Let me introduce you. This is Might Guy the sensei of your friends." the old sarutobi said and the Uchiha looked at the man in the green suit.

Her eyes got a little big. He definitely looked like Lee that much was for sure! "I'm glad to finally meet you! My students have already been talking about you. At least as far as Lee and TenTen are concerned!" he grinned and stuck his thumb up. Yep. Definitely Lee.

However, Guy looked at her again a little more seriously. "They haven't seen you in a long time. Actually, since your genin exam." "Yeah, I know. I've also been sent on missions I'm not supposed to be doing," Akina spoke. "That's why you're here," came from the third. "I never let you join a team because you didn't need to. Your skills have long been above the level of the others. I already signed you up as a chunin, that's why you were allowed on the missions."

At first Akina looked at the Hokagen in shock which turned into jubilation. "What really!?" she beamed, looking like a little child. Guy could now see what the Hokage meant. His team still couldn't work together properly even though they used to be close friends. Of course they support each other in battle but something was missing. They lacked this serenity and cheerfulness which the Uchiha radiated. "I want you to join Guy's team and support them. Currently, there is a chunin exam scheduled and I want you to officially become a member of them afterwards," the Hokage explained.

Everyone thought that she wanted to think about it first. But they were wrong. Akina happily accepted the offer. "I still have something to do," she grinned. For years she had hardly or not at all seen Neji. So she had the opportunity to get closer to him again.

"Tell me Sensei Guy. How are you doing?", Akina wanted to know after they left the building. Guy told her everything so far and how well they were training. He was also worried about Neji. Patiently Akina listened and nodded every now and then. "Don't worry I will fix our friendship," the Uchiha smiled.

What she did know, however, was that she had to finally tell them the truth. She had kept it secret for too long. The others had to regain their trust in order to strengthen the team.