Chapter 62

Hours passed and more and more divisions arrived at Naruto. In front of them was a huge monster which roared loudly. The Juubi had already appeared and had destroyed a lot around. Many shinobi tried to trap the ten-tailed one in their earth hiding place. It would never be that easy.

When Madara also appeared on the battlefield, the shinobi stopped moving. They knew they wouldn't stand a chance against him. Again and again Naruto tried to talk to Obito. It couldn't just wipe out the whole world like that. No matter what Obito told him Naruto just couldn't understand. He was Kakashi's friend and he would even kill him? "A world without war and without pain. Wouldn't that be the dearest wish for every single person here!" shouted Obito. "It doesn't need this plan for that! I'll be able to end the war just like that!" shouted Naruto.

"So you want to give your life for everyone standing here just to pursue a dream?!" "One day I will be Hokage and make peace with everyone!" shouted Naruto resolutely. Obito's eyes snapped open briefly. He wanted to be Hokage like he once was? "So you're going to let your friends die here? It doesn't have to end like this if you come over to our side!", Obito spoke. "Never!" the Uzumaki shouted back.

The Uchiha looked at the yellow-haired man and closed his eyes for a moment. If he didn't want to listen, he had to experience what pain meant. "Let's end it now!", Obito shouted to Naruto who didn't want to listen to him anymore. Naruto had tried to talk to him which visibly failed. Obito did not hesitate much longer and attacked. Several wooden stakes were shot at the alliance. Which were impaled by them. Some just got away and held their wounds.

"You weren't supposed to leave some alive?" asked Madara, folding his arms. "It was a warning. If he still wants to be in the way then he will see again what he is putting at risk.", Obito spoke calmly. "Tell me Obito. I fought against an Uchiha. She was quite strong but I don't know who she is exactly."

Obito looked to Madara and looked back at the alliance which was picking itself up again. "Her name is Akina Uchiha. Itachi's little sister and Sasuke's big sister. She would be with Akatsuki if Itachi hadn't stopped us." The corners of Madara's mouth lifted slightly. "Spring flower, then..." he thought to himself. The name suited her. 

"We will not give up!" shouted Naruto and had the support of the shinobi alliance. Obito didn't think this boy could be so naive. He was putting all his friends' lives at risk. "Well then." said Obito. "Then your friends will die!" shouted the Uchiha.

Once again, the stakes came at the alliance. Many tried to dodge or destroy them. However, without success. Several screams from them could be heard and as a wooden stake approached Naruto, Hinata stood in the way. She would not allow Naruto to die. But when she saw Neji throw himself in front of his cousin, she could see the stake coming closer and closer, as if in slow motion. "Neji!" shouted Akina loudly. Neji, who was ready to die, closed his eyes. He would be a free bird who could join his father.

Briefly, several memories passed him by. His childhood, his team and especially Akina. Her scent of scabious which was surrounded by a hint of vanilla. Her laugh that always came when she was happy. How she always brought him and her friends flowers and was always happy about it. "Akina, I'm sorry.", he thought as the wooden stake came closer and closer.