Chapter 66

Akina still had not dissolved her Susanoo. The black figure had only targeted Madara, who soon no longer had the strength to dodge. He had definitely underestimated this young woman.

Sasuke saw the red liquid running from her eyes. She didn't even look like she wanted to stop. If she kept it up, she wouldn't be able to see anything. He had to experience it on his own body. Neji's story made Sasuke feel even more guilty. A five year old child who got her Magekyou Sharingan to protect her friends he had never heard of. She had killed three ninjas with just one strike. That couldn't even be Susanoo.

Neji couldn't watch it any longer. He had to stop Akina. She would be putting her life on the line if he didn't. The Hyuga didn't hesitate long and ran. "Neji!" shouted Lee when he saw him running. What was this idiot up to? "Akina!", Neji shouted loudly, getting closer and closer to her. "Akina stop it!" he shouted again and was looked at by her Susanoo. Her gaze shifted to him. He could see that she was not herself. "Akina it's me Neji.", he spoke softly to her and had to dodge the blade which almost caught him. "Don't you remember? Hey Neji. Do you remember?"

Akina blinked briefly when she heard these words. "Hey Neji." , she heard several times in her head. "Itachi never wanted you to use it! Remember who you are Akina!", Neji yelled and Akina opened her eyes. Neji looked directly into her Mangekyou Sharingan and it was clear to him that she could put him in a Genjutsu. "Itachi...", Akina murmured softly and turned back to Madara who was standing in front of her breathing heavily.

He would let this boy keep talking, so at least he could survive. "Your brother never wanted you to use that power!", Akina heard that voice again, which burned itself into her head. Sasuke realized what Neji was up to and ran towards them as well. He didn't want his sister to lose her sight. "Nee-chan!" he called her again after years. "Stop it!"

More blood trickled from her eyes as she blinked for a moment. She heard the voices but she couldn't fight her sharingan. It was as if she had brought herself a genjutsu of her own. "Akina do you remember what Shisui called!? Sunshine! He wouldn't have wanted you to go down that path! Remember you were Itachi's spring flower! He...He showed me the truth! The truth about our clan simply everything! Please sister, stop!"

Several memories flashed through Akina's mind, causing her Mangekyou Sharingan to dissolve. Madara saw this as his chance and moved away from the Uchiha. She truly could have become his wife. Akina's eyes ached and had to squint them shut. Her body trembled and the Susanoo became smaller and smaller. When her feet touched the ground and she couldn't stay on her feet she toppled over onto her side. Her head landed on a warm chest and felt strong arms around her body. "Akina?" asked Neji as she looked up. "Neji...? Sasuke...?" smiling, the Hyuga looked at his girlfriend and kissed her forehead. "Did I...?" Akina didn't want to say it she was way too scared. "Don't worry, you only attacked Madara and the Zetus," Neji reported.

When Akina looked at Sasuke, she wanted to throw herself into his arms. Unfortunately, she could not move her body. She shouldn't have used so much force after all. "Sasuke I..." she started and was interrupted by him.

 "I have to apologize to you Nee-chan. I called you weak and left you alone. You were always there for me and I stabbed you in the back when you tried to exorcise revenge from me," he said, looking at the battlefield where Madara was. "Don't worry I will take care of him now. Get some rest." he said and moved away. Akina's hand reached out in the direction where he left. "Sasuke...", she whispered before her eyes fell shut.