Chapter 4

It had been a long time since Akina could sleep in. Itachi wanted her to get enough rest and gave her a day off today. She wanted nothing more than that. Although she loved Sasuke, she liked to tease him a bit and had decided to decorate him with flowers she took from the garden. Again and again Sasuke tried to run away from her which obviously failed. Laughing, Akina ran after him and put him back on his butt. "Wait Sasuke we're not done yet." Even though Sasuke didn't understand her he tilted his head questioningly.

Shisui and Itachi watched the whole thing. Their parents were away today, so at least he could give his sister a relaxing day. "She's never going to stop using those flowers, is she?" grinned Shisui. The corners of Itachi's mouth lifted and he shook his head. "She loves flowers as much as our mother does."

Shisui liked Itachi's sister. To him, she was like his own and wanted to see her happy. He didn't like Fugaku's plan. She was a little girl who wanted to have fun. The Uchiha was the only one who knew what had happened then. Itachi had confided it to him and he promised to support him. "Do you know what she can do already?" he asked his best friend who shook his head. "No, but I will know soon. I want her to have fun besides our training. I don't want our father to push her to the point where she becomes a typical Uchiha."

Shisui could understand his best friend. There was no one he knew who was so cheerful. He had noticed that everyone in the neighborhood liked the girl. Even Sasuke liked her although she annoyed him again and again. With many people who wanted to touch him he cried and every time Akina made him laugh. Nobody knew how she did it but she should stay like that forever.

"Sasuke stay here now...", Akina whined which had to collect him again. "You're almost done.", she smiled and put a flower wreath on his head. "Tadaaaa!" Itachi shook his head in amusement. He just hoped no one at the academy wanted to adorn her with it. "Akina we'll make something to eat in a minute. Don't keep teasing him will you?", Itachi asked his sister who looked at him questioningly. "I'm not teasing him Itachi-Nii." "Yes you do.", he smiled and went into the house. "Shisui tell him I'm not teasing Sasuke!" she ordered him which made him laugh. "I'm not interfering here, sunshine."

Akina puffed out her cheeks a little in offense. She didn't tease her little brother after all. He looked pretty with all the flowers. "Nah come on let's help Itachi.", Shisui smiled and ran into the house as well. "Nah good...", the girl mumbled and picked up Sasuke who happily clapped his hands in her face.

When dinner was ready, everyone sat at the table and ate in peace. Akina was grateful to Itachi for this day. As she often did, she wondered how she was allowed to have such a great brother. Sometimes she didn't deserve him. She couldn't give him anything back even though she would like to. Knowing her brother, he didn't want anything from her except to see her happy. Nevertheless, it was never out of her mind. She wanted to give him something and took some flowers from Sasuke's hair.

"Akina at the table is not played, you know that," she rebuked Itachi and was completely ignored by her. He watched his sister as she formed the flowers on her hand into a circle and pressed on it with her other hand. Her eyes were closed as if she was concentrating. After a few seconds, she held out a small bracelet to him. "How did you do that?" he asked immediately as he marveled at the band. "With my chakra.", Akina smiled. "I give it to you because you're always there for me."

Itachi had to smile and thanked her. He would definitely always carry it with him no matter what.