Chapter 25

Akina ran to the hospital when she learned that Shikamaru's team was back. Breathing heavily, she arrived. "Where's Neji?" she asked immediately, trying to get into the operating room. Two hands which were on her shoulders stopped her. "He's being helped right now, he'll be fine," her counterpart said. "But..." "Remember, it's Neji. Nothing knocks him out that fast." the suit grinned and immediately felt a slap on his cheek.

"You were just talking you idiot! How dare you just leave your bed!!!" Lee rubbed his cheek had watery eyes. Why did her punches always hurt so much? "You could have gotten hurt and then you really couldn't have been a ninja anymore!" reprimanded Akina. Lee had to smile and held his thumb under her nose. "With my Taijutsu I am invincible don't forget that! I would never give up on my dream!"

Akina had to smile because of him. Lee was always so positive and would never give up anything that was important to him. She could understand that some didn't like him because of his crazy ways, but those who knew him were glad to have someone like him as a friend.

When Shikamaru ran to her, he breathed a short sigh of relief. "We couldn't get your brother back. I'm sorry," he spoke out. Even though everyone did their best he had to take the defeat and learn to deal with it. "Never mind at least you are all back. I am confident that Sasuke will return. Besides, he has Naruto by his side who will never give up on him," the Uchiha spoke calmly which surprised Shikamaru a bit.

He would have thought that she would be angry with her. Angry that they had failed. Lee recognized his look and laughed a little. "Well, get used to it. She's just like that."

 Despite all this, Akina was worried about the injured. They had all been in surgery for quite a long time and hoped they would be out of the woods soon. "Tell me, Lee. Why aren't you in your room?" asked Akina. "I snuck out to wait here." he grinned, feeling another slap on his cheek. "Ouch..." "You're going to go to your room and take your medicine now, you oh-so-great Master Fist!" scolded Akina, and Lee's eyes snapped open. What had Sensei Guy been telling her!!!?

A few hours later, Akina was still in the hospital. Choji, Kiba with Akamaru, and Neji were each taken to a room. Naruto had already regenerated to some extent and was happy about Akina's visit. However, she had told what Sasuke told him during the fight. She didn't know that he felt lonely even though she was with him. Akina was grateful to Naruto for trying and asked him not to give up. She would leave Sasuke to him, which made Naruto very happy.

When Akina ran into Neji's room, her heart contracted a little. He had several bandages and lay exhausted in the bed. Maybe she should have gone with him, then she could have helped him. Quietly, she placed a chair by his bed and sat down. Carefully she took his hand in hers and held it gently. "Hey Neji. Get better, will you?" she asked him softly.

Akina didn't know how long she had been sitting with the Hyuga. But he hadn't made any sign of waking up yet. Her eyes grew more and more tired until she finally laid her head down and closed her eyes. She only needed a few minutes to rest, then she could continue to wait until Neji awoke.