Chapter 63

Neji waited for the pain to stop. When he opened his eyes, Akina was standing in front of him, partially breaking the wooden stake. However, he could see the wound she had received. "Akina...", he breathed. "I won't let you die," she said seriously as she turned her head toward him. He would have sacrificed himself for Hinata and Naruto which would have been a heroic act for Akina. But she certainly wouldn't let Neji leave her just yet. She had already lost too much.

When Sakura arrived and healed Naruto, four more men suddenly came onto the battlefield. They didn't really look alive. "Am I too late?" asked the fourth Hokage as he teleported the bijuuku ball away from the alliance. "No just in time father!", Naruto grinned. "Whaaat!!!" shouted Sakura. Akina smirked. The Haruno had been on a team with Naruto all this time and had never seen the resemblance?

"Your friend is about to arrive, too." spoke Minato, smiling. Who did he mean by friend? When Minato saw the young woman who looked very similar to Mikoto he had to blink a few times. Akina noticed his look and laughed lightly. "Yes it's me," she grinned. "You know him?", Naruo asked the Uchiha. "Of course he was often at our house to talk to my father," she smiled.

Minato's heart warmed. He never thought Akina would grow up to be such a beautiful woman. He had always liked her. When he came to visit, she had warmly placed flowers in his hand and wanted to decorate his hair even though she was not even three years old. "I guess you haven't changed, have you?" he asked Akina as she smiled at his son. "Noup," she grinned.

"What, that's supposed to be an Uchiha?" asked a man with slightly white hair. "Brother not every Uchiha is evil.", the brown haired man rebuked and took Akina's hand to shake it vigorously several times. "Nice to meet you. Don't listen to my brother he always hated Uchihas.", he grinned and Akina didn't know what to say just now. Was the first Hokage out of his mind? "Brother concentrate!" growled Tobirama. "It's alright...", Hashirama muttered and looked to Madara. "So we meet again old friend."

Madara grinned. He had been expecting Hashirama and was looking forward to fighting him. It had bothered him that he was getting too close to Akina. How could Konoha have allowed the Uchiha to be wiped out!!!? What he had to admit was that the conversations were quite interesting.

"I will be the next Hokage.", a cold voice spoke which stood next to the group. "S..Sasuke...", Sakura muttered. "Pha don't make me laugh! I'll be Hokage before that!", Kiba roared. "It's all well and good that you all want to become Hokage but we have work to do," came Hashirama seriously.

"He's right," Akina said, taking a few steps forward. "And I will take care of Madara." Several eyes widened as Akina spoke those words. Sasuke looked to the young woman with long black hair. His heart warmed when he saw her. For the very first time in years, he could see his sister again. Itachi had not killed her. His gaze lowered slightly as he thought about leaving her alone. Itachi had shown him everything that had happened the night of the massacre. He knew the truth and could now understand why Akina had never wanted revenge. She had tried to talk him out of it and wouldn't listen.

"But Akina you can't do that," Neji said, holding her wrist. Even Hashirama didn't agree. The corners of Akina's mouth lifted and she turned her head back a little. "Don't worry, I'm stronger than you think." Her gaze briefly fell on Sasuke. He would probably see for the first time what she could do. What her father and Itachi had taught. "Leave him to me." she pronounced firmly, pulling her wrist out of Neji's hand. She would not allow Madara to complete his plan.