Chapter 28

Akina was asked by an Anbu to go to the Hokagen. She actually wanted to train with her team. Even though she knew their abilities, she still wanted to know how far she could go. "Why does the Hokage want to see you?" asked Neji as the Anbu left again. "I don't know. Maybe some of them need me on a mission." she said nonchalantly and said goodbye right away. She knew Tsunade and didn't want to keep her waiting.

When she arrived at her office, Kakashi was already standing there as well. A bit confused about that, she stood next to him. "You wanted to see me?" "Akina glad you could come. There's a reason you're here." Patiently, the Uchiha waited for Tsunade to continue speaking. "I have reviewed your file again and have come to the decision to classify you as a Jonin." "Excuse me? Why is that?" asked Akina.

Even though she was happy she couldn't believe that it just happened like that. "Kakashi told me what he knows, as did Shikaku. Your skills have long since surpassed those of others even if you don't show it to anyone. I know Sarutobi put you on Guy's team to support her, which I'll let stand. However, Kakashi has no team at the moment. Sasuke is gone and Naruto is starting a journey with Jiraiya. Sakura is being trained by me and can't go on missions. Therefore, I will send you on missions that are important together with Kakashi. For that reason, I will have you enrolled as a Jonin."

Akina had absorbed every single word. Did Tsunade really have that much faith in her? "I don't know what to say," Akina admitted honestly. "I know you'll do a good job," Tsunade smiled and officially handed her the Jonin status that was on a parchment. Smiling, Akina looked at the paper.

"Thank you Tsunade I won't let you down!" she promised and bounced around joyfully. Tsunade could see for the first time what she was being told and for some reason she saw similarities to Naruto. Even if this girl was sometimes too jittery, the residents liked her.

"When are we leaving?" the Uchiha asked after she calmed down a bit and felt Kakashi's hand on her shoulder. "Calm down she'll let you know when we have a mission," he smiled under his mask. Even if he wanted to have something to do he had to be patient as well.

Kakashi was happy to be in a team with her. Before he could work with Itachi for a long time and he knew that she was just as good. Maybe she was even better than her big brother. "Nah good. But don't be late, alright?" she asked him kindly and bowed from Tsunade before leaving the room.

She clutched the document tightly to her chest. "Shisui, Itachi, Sasuke..I'm a Jonin," she thought and smiled. The sun burned on her face as she left the Hokage tower and closed her eyes briefly. It felt good to know that Konoha trusted her. 

"Akina are you coming to eat with us!", TenTen called out questioningly, waving her hand. They must have cut their training short. "We'll eat dangos too, I promise!" her friend was still laughing. Beaming, Akina nodded and ran towards her team. While running to them, she raised her arm high and shouted with joy. "I AM JONIN!"