Chapter 11

The days passed and Itachi had told Akina what had happened. Through all the excitement she had not noticed what she was doing and promised him not to use the Mangekyou Sharingan again. She had not told her friends what she had done. She told them that Itachi and Shisui had come to help them. The Hokage had promised Akina to support her and not to tell her friends until the time came.

But Neji also began to change. His father was declared dead and since then he behaved strangely. Akina greeted him kindly as always and was not even looked at by him. "Are you okay?" she asked as she sat down next to him. "Leave me alone I don't need you!", he said gruffly, which confused the Uchiha quite a bit. Laughing, she looked at her friend. "Of course you need me then who's going to give you flowers?" she then asked, getting an angry look from him.

"I told you to leave me alone!" Akina shrugged slightly and ignored his statement. He could say what he wanted but she would not give up. Whatever had happened that drove him to this character would not let her continue.

Neji did not understand this girl. Why couldn't she leave him alone? He tried to sit in the academy so that she could not sit next to him. Even then, she started to get on his nerves even though she was sitting at the other end of the room. "Hey Neji are we going to luuunch toogetheeer?!" she called across the room. Even when he was in the training area, she kept coming up to him. "Hey Neji. Are we training together?" 

Even in the alleys of Konoha, she never avoided him. "Hey Neji. Are we going to eat dangos?" How that "Hey Neji" got on his nerves. How could she have such staying power? She even remained friendly and bounced around him.

 Why didn't she understand that he wanted to be alone? Even though he just hated the main family and wanted to hurt everyone it didn't work with Akina. He tried to hate her and ignore her. But this girl made it incredibly hard for him.

"Hey Neji look I brought you something," he heard her again as he headed home and looked at several flowers. "Picked especially for you," she smiled. Most of all he wanted to smile but he wasn't allowed to. She wasn't allowed to make him weak! "I don't want the flowers.", he spoke tersely and walked past her.

"Nah well , but then tomorrow!" she yelled happily after him. Akina wasn't about to give up on her best friend. Through Itachi she had learned what had happened. She didn't want to leave him alone and didn't want him to hate the main family. At first she wanted to give up but Itachi told her that you should never give up on a true friend.

"Akina you are the most cheerful and open girl I know. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Neji is full of hate right now because of his father. Be there for him and don't give up. One day your efforts will be worth it." he had said to her and she wanted to put it into practice. 

She would never give up on Neji Hyuga!