Chapter 57

The next day Akina learned that Danzo had been killed. Akina thought about who could have killed him. Many questions were buzzing in her head and when she saw Naruto coming back with the others, she ran up to him. Naruto looked at the Uchiha and scratched the back of his head. "I haven't been able to get Sasuke back yet, but I'm not going to give up. For real now!" he grinned. "What happened?" she asked the group, and they filled her in. Sakura took the others to a tent so that only Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato were left with her. "So he knows..." muttered Akina, getting a questioning look from Kakashi. "What do you mean?"

Akina looked at the three and exhaled deeply. "Sasuke killed Danzo out of revenge. As revenge for what Itachi had to do." she spoke out. "Wait a minute. You know about this?" asked Kakashi in a moment. "Why didn't you ever tell?"

"I couldn't and wasn't allowed to tell anyone Kakashi. Not even Sasuke. I tried to talk him out of it many times without telling him the truth," she admitted. Kakashi could now understand why she never hated Itachi. Why she still loved him and looked up to him. "Akina, Sasuke can barely see anymore," he reported to her. Akina looked at her friend. So Sasuke had received his Mangekyou Sharingan through Itachi's death and had used it too often. Itachi had always warned her against it. "I see..."

Naruto put a hand on her shoulder. "I promise you that Sasuke will be his old self again," he grinned, making Akina smile. Naruto was attached to his best friend and would do anything for him even if it meant his death. However he managed to stay so positive all the time he would manage to bring Sasuke back.

Laughing lightly, Akina grinned at the Uzumaki. "I know you can do it Naruto. You as his best friend have the best chance." Naruto was pleased by this and grinned even more. He liked this Uchiha and would not let her lose her little brother as well. His mouth opened as Shizune arrived panting. "Tsunade..she's awake!" Even though Akina was glad to hear this she had to smirk a little. If Tsunade hadn't woken up, Kakashi would have had to take over, who wasn't really thrilled about it.

She left the conversation to Team 7, they were there and Akina didn't want to interfere. She was much more concerned about the fourth world war. "Hey Akina.", Neji grinned a little. He purposely wanted to address her the way she always did. Laughing, she looked at her friend and gave him a quick kiss. "What's up?" she asked with a smile. "I wanted to see how you were doing. I guess Naruto's back."

The Uchiha nodded briefly and leaned against him a bit. "Yes. They have met Sasuke, who is consumed by revenge. His eyes are also getting weaker and weaker.", she reported to him. "I'd like to see him again...", she still murmured and felt a kiss on her head. "He'll come back all right. Sasuke just doesn't know who he really is." "I know. On top of that, he's lost his way. He first wanted to kill Itachi which was his biggest goal. And now? Now he's with Akatsuki and wants revenge on Konoha."

Neji could understand his friend having a lot on her mind right now. He didn't know how to take her burden off. "I know Naruto is doing everything he can to bring him back. But the war makes my stomach hurt." "I know and...wait what war?!" Akina broke away from Neji and could see the shock in his eyes.

"An Akatsuki member wearing an orange mask is posing as Madara Uchiha. At the kage meeting, he pronounced the fourth world war. Kakashi is with his team at Tsunade right now," Akina explained. Neji didn't know what exactly to say to that right now. If there really was war, then he had to do everything to protect his clan. "But we can do this together, right?" smiled Akina, placing her hands on his cheeks. Neji had to grin a little. "Yes together."