Chapter 58

In the last few days everything was prepared for the war. Naruto was sent to a distant island so that he was safe. Madara was not allowed to get the last two bijus and for that they fought. As Shikaku put up the list of divisions, Akina looked with her team. "I'm in division 4 with Gaara," Akina spoke. "Me in 3 with Sensei Kakashi.", Lee said. "Me at 2," Neji recognized. "And I'm in the first division.", TenTen muttered.

It was clear to them that she was in the division where they needed her the most. But why did Akina have to go into ranged combat? She could fight well at close range, after all. "Then I guess this is the first time our team is really separated...", Lee muttered a bit disappointed. Akina smiled at her friend and put a hand on his shoulder. "We're still a team no matter if we're in other division. It's the will that counts."

Lee's eyes shone and formed his hand into a fist. "Ouu yeah! What does Guy always say? The power of eternal youth will wiiiiiin!" he shouted which made Akina laugh. However, seeing Neji's thoughtful look made her worry. "Hey Neji. What's wrong?" The Hyuga looked at his friend. "I'm just worried. In a ranged fight, heavy opponents might show up."

Akina thought it was sweet how he worried about her and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry about it. After all, I'm in a division with Gaara and Shikamaru. I'll be fine.", she grinned making Neji feel little reassured. "Akina is right. In every division there are strong ninjas who support us. Besides, everyone likes Akina, even Gaara. He already wouldn't let anything happen to her," TenTen spoke. "Yes, and besides, Akina is one of the strongest jonin in Konoha," Lee grinned.

The corners of Neji's mouth lifted. He could always rely on his team and he had to trust the divisions. Still, he was worried about Akina. What would happen if she had to use her Susanoo? As if Akina could read his mind, she said what he was thinking. "I won't use my Susanoo," she smiled, which calmed him down a bit.

"I've heard how bad it is with Sasuke already, since he used the Mangekyou Sharingan too often. Besides, I know how dull and empty his eyes get. I promised Itachi that I would not use it," Akina spoke seriously. She knew what was at stake and she would not joke about it. The lives of the entire world were at stake and she would only use her Magekyou Sharingan if she had no other choice. This was not a thought she wanted to tell her team. They would do everything they could to make sure she would not use it.

The divisions began to line up and Akina had already said goodbye to Lee and TenTen and wished them good luck. With Neji it was a bit more difficult than she would have thought. Not only because he was once her best friend but because she loved him more than anything and didn't want to lose him too. "Promise me you'll take care of yourself yes?" she smiled slightly and put her arms around his shoulders. Firmly, Neji hugged his girlfriend to him and was able to breathe in her cherry scent one more time before he couldn't do it for a long time. "By the way, the Jonin vest suits you.", Akina laughed lightly which made him smile. "And you never wore yours." Smiling, Akina broke away from her boyfriend.

"I love you.", she said, trying to memorize everything she could from him. "I love you too.", he smiled and put his hand on her cheek and kissed her. How long do you think he was separated from those soft and warm lips? How long do you think this war would last?

Akina slowly broke away from him and smiled him off before running to her division. If she had stayed with him longer, she would never have left the spot. When Gaara gave his speech, Akina listened carefully. He had just the right words to motivate each and every shinobi. Even Shikamaru who was standing next to her was a little more motivated. "I hope you'll sort out your feelings after the war.", the Uchiha grinned and was looked at by a Temari who had a fiery red head. "How dare you..." she growled which made Akina laugh. She just couldn't help teasing her with this topic. However, she could tell from Shikamaru's face that he wasn't entirely averse to it.