Chapter 9

Weeks passed and Akina was the best in class next to Neji. She had already noticed that he was talented and ambitious. Now and then she trained with him even if she actually wanted to have rest from it. However, she could practice how other opponents behaved who were not from her clan.

Neji's Byakugan was already very strong and if Akina had not told him anything, she would have lost more often. Neji was always careful not to hit any of her chakra points, or at least not ones that hurt her internal organs. He had to admit that he admired her Sharingan. She could use it perfectly and was almost unbeatable. Eventually, no one would win against her if she continued like this. However, the Hyuga had noticed that something was wrong with her eyes. Even if she told him again and again that nothing was wrong, he could not believe her.

But Neji did not want to press her with it. She would surely come to him if something was wrong. As compensation, he always invited her to Dangos. He knew how to make her happy. She was cute, he had to admit to himself. He could not imagine his life without her. She was really a sunshine as Shisui always called her.

"And another blow!" shouted Lee and hit Akina's side with his foot. At the academy they had to train their Taijutsu again and Akina had to admit that Lee was unbeatable. He really had a lot of power but she was not allowed to use her Sharingan. Neji knew that and was curious if she could win without her eyes. "Huuaaaa!!!" shouted Lee and started again. But this time Akina dodged and hit his other leg with her foot so that it flew over.

She quickly stood up again and wanted to strike with her fist. But Lee spoke up in time and fought her off with his arms. Both started to sweat and fought bravely. "Enough." said the sensei when he saw that neither of them wanted to give up. At the same time, they sank to their knees and laughed. "You guys are idiots," TenTen muttered.

Akina watched the next fights very closely. Everyone in the class had made progress. Some were also better at throwing shuriken. But Akina stood out the most. Neji was not jealous of his friend. He had seen how strict her father was. In the evening when Neji was training he could see the fight between her and her father. He must have been preparing her for a long time.

Some of the class did not like that the Uchiha was so good. They couldn't understand it and blamed it on their clan and the Sharingan. Even though Akina was aware of it, she didn't take it to heart. She knew she couldn't help it and stayed true to her character.

"Enough for today. We will take a trip into the woods tomorrow. While there, you will learn how to cope in the wilderness." the sensei spoke, ending the lesson.

"What do you think we're going to do?" asked Lee, getting only a shrug of the shoulders in response. "What if we get attacked!? I don't know genjutsus or ninjutsus!" Smiling, Akina looked at her friend. "Don't worry we'll take care of that then. You're the specialist when it comes to Taijutsu leave the rest to us." "Ouu yeah, I'll defeat them with my poweeeer!"