Chapter 56

"Akina, you're awake?", TenTen was happy to see and hugged her best friend. "I'm glad to see you too," the Uchiha smiled and returned the hug. "You should stay in bed! Didn't Shizune tell you!?" yelled Sakura, tapping her finger on her chest. "Yes, but I feel fine." she smiled at the Haruno who looked distressed. She had gone to such lengths to heal Akina and now she stood here as if she barely felt a thing.

"So again. Where is my brother and what does Naruto want from the Raikage?" repeated Akina to herself. The group told her about Naruto's plan and that Sakura was going to help him get Sasuke. "I'm coming with you," she pronounced. "No you're staying here! Your injuries haven't healed yet!", Sakura scolded. Never would she allow her to leave Konoha.

"He's my little brother Sakura! I'm not just going to stand by and watch this happen!" "Akina we can understand you. But leave it to Naruto, you can trust him completely.", Lee smiled at his girlfriend. "You did leave it up to him, didn't you?" he added. Akina had to agree with Lee. She had told Naruto to take care of Sasuke. Her head lowered slightly and she looked down at her feet. She could feel Lee's hand on her shoulder. "You will find him and bring him back Akina. You know Naruto would never give up."

"Lee is right. Besides, you need to rest," spoke Neji, who also came closer. Actually, she was angry at her friend. He would kill Sakuke if he had to. However, she could not be angry. Everyone had their own opinion about her brother. Many in Konoha would prefer to see him dead. She knew Neji was thinking of her but he always chose to listen to facts and act.

"You're right, after all," Akina admitted, starting to smile again. "Say. Has a dango store opened yet?" Several mouths dropped open except those of her team. "Yes even Ichiraku has reopened," TenTen laughed. "Well then, let's go eat a round of dangos.", Akina beamed and looked once more at Sakura. "Try everything you can, will you?" she smiled.

Sakura looked at Akina and nodded. She wouldn't just watch this time. Naruto had been keeping his promise for too long. This time, some of his burden would be lifted from him that much was certain. She would bring Akina her brother back. No matter what the cost!

"How can you eat so much?" muttered TenTen as she watched Akina get her third plate of dangos. "Huh?..Why?" she spoke with a full mouth. "I've been asleep for almost..a week I'm hungry.", Akina said after gulping down the food. Neji smirked and brushed a strand of hair out of her forehead. He was glad she was okay. "Since when can you do that awesome jutsu?" asked Lee with a glint in his eye which made Akina laugh.

"Not too long ago but I never had the chance to use it. I'm sure you saw why." "Yeah, you could have destroyed the village yourself," came from TenTen who crossed her arms. "Oh well, it's not that bad yet," Akina laughed and continued eating her dangos. Her team each raised an eyebrow. Didn't she know how far it had spread? Didn't she know she could kill an entire alliance with this jutsu?