Chapter 13

A few years passed in which Akina tried to talk to Neji again and again. In the end, she learned why he hated the main family. The clan head had sent his father off and sacrificed him for Hinata. The side family was condemned to do whatever the main family wanted. The seal Neji wore on his forehead was a sign of this. Only the main family knew how to use it.

 But Akina somehow could not understand it. Hinata's father never looked angry or would hurt a child. He was strict as she heard, but could he really activate this seal? Somehow she also felt sorry for Hinata. She had to go through exactly what she had to go through. Her father wanted to train her so that one day she could take over the clan.

As Akina was on her way to the academy to take the Genin exam, she heard several people ranting. She could only think who was responsible for this and recognized the yellow-head who ran to Ichirakus. Even if she didn't see the little boy as a monster, it was forbidden to talk to him. At least that's what her father had said.

Now and then she had broken the rules and given the boy something. Even if it was sometimes something from flowers but he had been happy about it every time. Until today, she had never discarded her ways. She remained an open and cheerful girl and had not only conquered the hearts of the Uchiha. Many vendors liked the girl and gave her something every now and then. She was the good heart in Konoha and could soothe even the angry faces.

"What is my sunshine doing here already?" asked Shisui which made Akina giggle. "I have my exam today," she said proudly. "That's right. Nah then I wish you good luck.", the Uchiha grinned and put his last dango in her hand. She happily accepted the skewer and thanked him. Shisui said it would surely take away her nervousness and it would be compensation for not seeing her today.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow," Akina grinned and looked at her watch. "I have to go.", she said and ran off. "Good luck!" called Shisui after her, smiling. His gut told him that she wouldn't see his sunshine again.

Out of breath, Akina arrived at the academy. She had to run almost all over Konoha to avoid being late and sat down next to Lee. "You're late." "Yeah, I know. I still got held up." she breathed, propping her head up. "You, Lee? How are you going to take the exam anyway?" the Uchiha asked.

Lee knew exactly what she was getting at. He couldn't do genjutsus or ninjutsus. "I'll manage somehow," he grinned. A little worried, Akina looked at him and nodded. She just had to trust him on this. Her eyes turned to Neji who was just waiting to be called. "Neji Hyuga!" the sensei called out, and the addressed stood up. "Good luck.", Akina smiled was he skillfully ignored. "Don't need it."

Offended, the Uchiha puffed out her cheeks. He could have at least said thank you. Minutes passed and more students were called. TenTen and Lee had long since taken their turn, and Akina was bored. Why did she have such stress when she was the last to go? More minutes passed and there were only six others besides her. Maybe she wasn't the last after all. "Akina Uchiha.", she heard her name and jumped up joyfully. "Finally!"

In front of her sat her sensei and the Hokage. Since when was a Hokage present? "Like everyone else, you have to create a perfect double, which then turns into X random person," her sensei spoke boredly. It was apparently very exhausting to test everyone. "I think for Akina something like that is too easy.", the third one spoke and clasped his hands in front of his face. Sarutobi had not yet forgotten what had happened in the forest. She had activated her Susanoo then so simple doubles were too boring for this girl. "If you mean third party."

Akina looked at both of them questioningly since they didn't say anything. Was she allowed to choose what she did herself? Briefly, the Uchiha thought about it and grinned. With ease she created several shadow doubles and added her chidori. She had once seen Kakashi use this jutsu when he was on the training ground. The Hokage tried not to be too surprised.

He had already expected something like this. She didn't even have to activate her sharingan to show them how easy it was. "Ehm..okay yes you passed." her sensei said and shortly the Uchiha squeaked out and grabbed her headband. She gave a quick thank you and ran out the door. "I paaaasseeeed!" she shouted into the hallway which made the Hokagen laugh a little. Somehow he had the feeling that this girl could still bring to something.