Chapter 8

When Itachi and Akina arrived home, Fugaku was already waiting for them. He stood sternly in front of them with his arms crossed. "You're late," he said without making a face. "We went to eat dangos with Shisui.", Akina smiled and her father raised his eyebrow. "You're supposed to be training with her, not fooling around." "Father she trains enough. Besides, today was her first day at the academy."

Akina looked at the two of them. Something was going on here. Since when did her father want to know when they were training? "What's wrong?" she asked, getting a look from her father. "It's time for your exam." "What exam?" she asked, confused, and could see Itachi's sad look. Through it, she could only guess that something was going on. "I will test you to see if you are strong enough."

Akina knew that this day would come. However, she thought she would have more time for it. Itachi had tried to delay it. He thought it was far too soon but if his father wanted something, it had to be this way. "I'll expect you at the lake in five minutes," Fugaku said, leaving the house.

"I'm sorry," Itachi spoke. "I didn't mean for this fight to come right now." Akina looked to her brother and took his hand. "Don't worry I can handle it." Confused, Itachi looked at his little sister and looked into her eyes. They showed no fear, rather determination. "Shisui and you have taught me everything you know, haven't you? I'm sure my eyes won't hurt either." Itachi had not forgotten this. He couldn't find anything in any book that made him wonder. She already had her three tomoe, so why didn't this pain stop?

Akina didn't have much time left. She didn't change her clothes, but grabbed her weapons and ran out of the house. Itachi followed her so that he could intervene as soon as the situation became critical. At least her father could have spared her.

"Are you ready?", Fugaku asked his daughter who nodded and activated her Sharingan. Her father gave her no time and attacked her without thinking. Again and again Akina dodged and then jumped into the air to throw shuriken at him. She quickly created a shadow double to bring herself to safety. She couldn't just attack her father like that. Even if Itachi was stronger, she could not underestimate her father.

She had suppressed her chakra long ago. Because it was very dark under the trees, she had the idea to set up traps. Without making a sound, Akina attached several letter bombs and chakra nets. "Jutsu of the flaming fireball!", she thought and shot the fire towards her father who could barely move to the side. Her fire was blazing hot. Not even his got that warm. His daughter appeared in front of him and almost hit him with the kunai which he could stop with his. Metal clashed with metal and he had to admit that she had a lot of power. 

With his foot, he lashed out and hit her side. Grinning, he looked at Akina and widened his eyes as she puffed away. "Another shadow double?" he wondered. Itachi had really taught her a thing or two. Behind his back, the fire flowers appeared which he had to dodge. Further and further he jumped back until he was just in front of the trees. 

Akina jumped in front of her father, holding her kunai ready. "What do you want to do now?" he asked as he looked into her eyes. Several times he had to blink as he saw her turn. Something was wrong, this had to be a genjutsu! As quickly as he could, he dissolved and found himself among the trees. Fugaku was sure that he had not been standing here. On his daughter's lips he could see a slight grin. A short hand gesture let him know that he was in her trap. Several letter bombs exploded and chakra threads surrounded him as he tried to dodge them.

When he was able to break away, he felt a blow to his legs, which knocked him down. Before Fukagu could get up again, a kunai flashed and stopped over his chest. Breathing heavily, Akina looked at her father and felt her eyes again. "Won.", she smiled and stepped down to get away from him.

 Itachi jumped down from the tree where he watched everything. He was proud of Akina and put his hand on her head. Smiling, Akina looked at her big brother. "You have become strong Akina. I am proud of you." Quickly, the girl turned in Fugaku's direction. He was proud of her? She had never heard that from him. The corners of his mouth lifted. "Itachi has really taught you a lot."

Joyfully, the Uchiha nodded and pressed herself against Itachi to hug him. She was very grateful to him for the training and since she had won against her father she didn't have to spend her time on it anymore. She could concentrate on school.