Chapter 67

Slowly Akina opened her eyes. She didn't know what was going on when she passed out. She only remembered that Sasuke went to the battlefield. A quick inhale was enough to recognize the scent which made her feel so good. "Neji?" she asked, slowly looking up at him. "Hey Neji.", she repeated when Akina saw his stare. His eyes were no longer lilac. In his eyes, the could see that Madara's plan must have worked. Tears ran down her cheeks.

A white cloth slowly wrapped itself around Neji and although he still held her in his arms she was not engulfed by it. Akina had not looked into the moon's eye and would be spared. Slowly the white cloth which came from a branch of the tree lifted him up. "Neji..." she breathed before closing her eyes again.

Her Susanoo had taken too much chakra and body energy. Akina just couldn't move even though she wanted to too much. Silence fell. Not a single sound could be heard and her heart beat slower. Akina entered more and more into the darkness until she was completely shrouded with it.

"Hey sunshine." She heard, "Come on, wake up, little one." the voice continued. She could guess that the person had to grin. "Now come on sunshine.", laughed the male voice.

Slowly Akina opened her eyes. In front of her sat Shisui who smiled at her. "Nah finally. I was beginning to think you were ignoring me." Confused, she looked at him and slowly sat up. "Where am I?" she asked, "Not dead, if that's what you mean. Well, I don't know if it's a dream that's going on in your head, but if it is, I think it's good."

Akina thought about what had happened. Was she really dreaming this or was she also wrapped in this cloth. "Do you see anything else?" she was immediately asked. "As far as I know, I could still see everything well. Nothing was blurry.", Akina admitted which made Shisui grin. "Then I was right after all."

"What do you mean?" Shisui smiled and put his hand on her head. "I was able to observe everything and came to the conclusion that your Mangekyou Sharingan is not like the usual ones. Even your Susanoo has incredible strength." Akina rubbed her eyes lightly. She felt tired and was having a hard time keeping up with his words. "Shisui I'm tired..." she muttered, "You have to listen to me until the end. Even if I'm a little offended that you didn't jump right in around my neck.", the Uchiha laughed and looked at her seriously again.

"Akina your Mangekyou Sharingan will never cease to exist. It does not need to be exchanged for another one as well as those of Sasuke. It has its own power. Whoever gave it to you had great plans for you." Akina thought about his words. Could it really be that her Sharingan was different from the beginning? "It was strange that you got your Sharingan when you were two years old. Akina I thought long and hard about why your eyes always hurt. They want you to use them to help everyone. I know Itachi never wanted it because he was afraid you would lose your sight. But you'll never lose it because your Mangekyou Sharingan is unlike any other."

Akina looked at Shisui and cried. Why hadn't she known this before? How many lives could she have saved with this? Shisui took the Uchiha tightly in his arms. "Do you know how much I miss your laughter? How much I miss you decorating me with flowers?" Akina couldn't help but laugh a little. She had to admit that she missed it just as much. When she disengaged she could suddenly see a wreath of flowers around his head and began to smile. "By the way. Your flowers have arrived.", he grinned and lifted a bouquet of flowers which had become her down the cliff. 

Carefully, Shisui put his hand on her cheek and wiped away her tears. "Remember. We will always be with you and protect you little sunshine.", he smiled. "I'm glad you've become a Jonin. Itachi told me everything and I'm sorry you couldn't tell me more that you passed the genin exam."

"It's okay Shisui. Itachi told me you would be happy.", Akina smiled and looked at him. "It's time to go now. Remember to always be yourself. I know you are strong enough. But now you have to wake up." "But...", Akina started, suddenly seeing only black. "SHISUIII!!!"

"Akina wake up.", she heard a soft voice and slowly opened her eyes. "Fourth?", she mumbled and was smiled at by him. "She's fine.", Hashirama breathed in relief and knelt down next to her. Slowly, he helped her sit up. "What's going on?" she asked the Hokage who were probably the only ones who had no influence on the moon. "Your friends are busy with Kaguya right now," Hashirama said. "Kagu who?"

"My mother."