Chapter 55

When Akina woke up, she was lying on a thin futon on the floor. On the ceiling she could see that it was made of wood. She could still remember what had happened until she fell against a warm chest. From the smell she could recognize Neji who brought her here safely.

Slowly the Uchiha sat up and held her side. Several bandages adorned her body which she looked at briefly. Next to her lay Tsunade who looked even worse. "You're awake!" rejoiced Shizune who came into the small house. "What happened and why am I here with Tsunade?" Shizune knelt on the floor and put down the food she was taking.

"After the fight which Naruto finished, he found the right Pain. However Naruto did it, it worked wonders. Everyone who was dead was brought back to life. Since then, almost a week has passed. Danzo was appointed Hokage and is now on his way to the Kage meeting. And you are here because you were the only ones who haven't woken up yet." Akina listened to everything. She had been without consciousness for almost a week? "Wait a minute what did you say? Awakened to life?" asked Akina, beaming. That meant Kakashi had to live again too. "Yes I did..wait you can't get up!"

Akina was a little shaky on her feet. Without listening to Shizune, she left the house and could see Konoha being rebuilt. She walked along between the tents and houses to look for the Hatake. "We should get going as soon as possible if we still want to catch the Raikage," she heard his voice and ran faster.

From a distance, she could see his hair and beamed. "Kakashi!" she called and when he turned around she already felt two arms around his stomach. "I'm sorry Kakashi. Only because of me you were...", Akina started to apologize. "No I'm sorry I didn't do more.", he spoke and was glad she was awake again. Sakura had told him what she had done.

Smiling, Akina looked at him. She thought that she would never see him again. She liked this Jonin and became her closest friends. "Sensei, we have to go!", Naruto nagged. "Yeah yeah alright.", Kakashi muttered and put a hand on Akina's head. "I'll explain everything later. You might want to join your team.", he spoke and smiled under his mask. Confirming, Akina nodded and the three of them pulled. Whatever they were up to surely had to be important.

Searching, she walked on. Somewhere her team should be. "If Akina finds out that Sasuke is with Akatsuki, she won't be happy," she heard Hinata say and stopped. Sasuke was with Akatsuki!? "I don't want Naruto to have to do everything by himself anymore. I'm going to follow him and finish it.", Sakura spoke. "Do you really think you can do anything about that?" asked Neji. "I don't. But what would you do if Sasuke was standing in front of you?" the Haruno asked back. "Kill him."

Akina's heart stopped for a moment. How could Neji say such a thing!? Sakuke was her brother after all! "Neji have you gone mad!? Yes, Sasuke made mistakes but you can't say you want to kill him! He's Akina's brother!" TenTen shouted, making Akina smile a little. At least her best friend said it so she didn't have to.

A bark interrupted the group who looked to Akamaru in confusion. "What's wrong buddy?" asked Kiba. Another bark came from his throat and Kiba stiffened a bit. "Kiba what's wrong?" asked Hinata. Scratching his neck, he looked at the group. "Well our conversation is no longer between us." "You're just saying that nooow!?" shouted Ino angrily. "Who was eavesdropping?" now asked Lee who didn't say much on the Sasuke topic.

Akina exhaled quietly and came around the corner, looking at the group. "Where is my brother?"