Chapter 30

"Can you see anything?" Kakashi asked the girl next to him, who shook her head. "No, but according to the information they should be here." Akina had another mission with the Hataken today. It had been almost two years since she went on missions with Kakashi. The Chunin exams would be coming up soon, and Akina wanted to be back by then. 

They had received information that several bandits were up to mischief in different villages. They destroyed shops and injured residents. Some of them could only use a sword, while others used jutsus. The two jonin were always sent to these villages and always arrived late because of Kakashi. It wouldn't be long before Akina would turn 18. Until then, she definitely wanted to find the bandits.

"I hear something," the Uchiha whispered as she pressed her ear to a tree. She felt the vibrations which became stronger and stronger. "Then that means we can stop them today," came the copy ninja. "But it was about time. We were always late because of you.", Akina moaned quietly. "How much longer are you going to rub that in my face?" "As long as I live." She laughed softly. 

When the bandits were among them, they didn't hesitate and attacked them. With their chakra threads they activated the letter bombs which exploded before their impact. Swords and kunais clashed under the thick smoke. The smoke wouldn't last long, and the two jonin wanted to incapacitate as many bandits as possible.

A wind came out of nowhere and blew the smoke towards them. Akina had to squint her eyes a bit to avoid getting anything in her eyes. It would be bad if she couldn't see anything anymore although she trusted her hearing. "An Uchiha and the copy ninja." Said the one and grinned. "Show no mercy!" 

The bandits surrounded the jonins and attacked them together. Akina channeled her lightning chakra into the katana and slammed the blade into the ground. Several screams could be heard and so the Uchiha was able to fend off at least some of them. Unfortunately, shortly afterwards she had to stop a sword that was coming towards her. Sparks briefly formed around the blades until Akina kicked her opponent away.

Kakashi was breathing heavily. He had used his Sharingan too many times and needed to access his last chakra. Akina didn't look like she was tired yet, even though she kept using her Sharingan. 

 Kakashi didn't want to know how much chakra this young woman had, but he hoped they would make it out safely. "Damn it!" the jonin hissed when he couldn't see the kunai hitting him. Briefly, the Hatake buckled, clutching his wound. "Kakashi!" Akina yelled, coming to a halt in front of him. She saw how exhausted her partner really was and looked around. "Go Akina." Kakashi said, trying to stand up straight. "I'll give you time to go."

Kakashi didn't want anything to happen to her. Even though she wasn't his student, he wanted to protect her. Next to Itachi and Tenzou, she was the best partner he could imagine. He didn't want to lose her like his former team. He never wanted to lose someone important to him again. "Forget it Hatake, I won't leave you alone!" 

Akina turned her back to keep an eye on her opponents. She knew that some were approaching from behind which she could not fend off. Her breath quickened as she realized the situation they were in. "I'll get us out of here, Kakashi, I promise.", she said and the jonin looked at her. "You can't do it Akina."

The Uchiha smiled slightly before closing her eyes. "Itachi I'm sorry..", she whispered which Kakashi could hear. Why was she apologizing to her brother now? Only when the jonin saw a black shape forming did he know what Akina meant. So she had promised Itachi never to use this Sharingan again. 

The black Susanoo looked down at the bandits. Behind Akina, his possession, he saw an injured man wearing the same headband as her. So it was time to protect someone again and thus drew his long sword.

Kakashi's eyes widened as, without a proper command, Akina's Susanoo attacked the bandits. His sword hit everyone standing in front of him with one swing and when Akina turned her head back a bit, the jonin could see the flower pattern in her eyes for the first time. "Akina.." Kakashi whispered when he couldn't take his eyes off her Mangekyou Sharingan. He never wanted to know how strong her Genjutsu was after being trapped in Itachi's. It seemed to the jonin that Akina didn't know exactly what she was doing, but her Susanoo knew very well who the opponents were.

The screams stopped and the blood flowed from Akina's eyes as she dissolved the Susanoo. She stood in the clearing, which was partly burned, breathing heavily. Her Susanoo's sword not only had incredible power that could kill a human with one blow, but also burned everything around it. 

Akina slowly sank to her knees in front of Kakashi. She had completely forgotten how much energy and chakra the Mangekyou Sharingan needed. "I'm sorry you had to see that," said the Uchiha. "You did it so we could survive." "Still, I used it even though I never wanted to do it again." Kakashi placed his hand on her shoulder. "No one will hold it against you, Akina. Trust me." 

She nodded slightly and hoped that the jonin was right. Since Akina still had enough strength, she helped Kakashi up and supported him. She would certainly be able to get him to Konoha. What she didn't know was that a certain Zetsu from Akatsuki had been watching her. Sasori's information was indeed as promised. His master would definitely want this girl with him.