Chapter 38

Akina walked around Konoha humming. At the moment, there was very little going on and she decided to rearrange her apartment a bit. At the flower store of the Yamanaka she stopped and smiled. She hadn't bought anything here for a long time, because she always went to pick the flowers herself. Akina didn't hesitate for long and entered the store where she was greeted by Ino's mother. "Good day Mrs. Yamanaka." "Oh hello Akina. I haven't seen you here in a long time.", the woman smiled back. "To what do I owe the honor?" "I've been wanting to redecorate my apartment and I think your flowers would certainly fit the bill," she smiled.

"I guess I don't have to help you, do I?" the Yamanaka laughed as she already saw the Uchiha helping herself. "No all good.", she answered kindly and put together several bouquets. Even if it was not the right season she had also taken some spring flowers and tied some to a bouquet. For the Yamanaka this was not unusual. Every bouquet Akina put on the counter was made with love. Even if the varieties were not quite appropriate, they were beautiful. "How many should there be?" the woman asked. "As many as possible," Akina laughed.

Even though she had to admit that she was spending a lot of money here, she couldn't help it. She had not only planned to decorate her apartment with it. When the Uchiha was done, she pressed the money into the Yamanaka's hand and the woman had to watch with amusement as the girl clamped the bouquets between her arms.

"Do you want me to help you?" "No I'm fine, thanks.", Akina laughed lightly and left the store, leaving a smirking woman behind. "Sorry. Out of the way. May I.", the residents heard a voice say which came from behind the many flowers. You couldn't see her face, but you could guess it was Akina.

"Wait, I'll help you," a voice said, taking off some bouquets. "Hey Neji.", Akina grinned when she could see his face. Actually Neji wanted to talk to Akina about the kiss since he didn't have time for that yet. As it was, she was busy. "What do you want with all these flowers?" he asked, walking beside her. "They're for my apartment.", she grinned from which the corners of his mouth lifted. "So so." he smirked.

"I have to take advantage of it while Sasuke is away. He accepted it but never liked it when the apartment was full of it," Akina laughed, with Neji looking at her. Even now at these words she was not sad. She was just taking advantage of the situation until her brother would come back. "Thanks for carrying.", she thanked Akina as they stood in front of the apartment door. "I'll bring her in later." the Hyuga insisted, to which Akina looked forward.

Neji had to confess that he had never been to her apartment before. He had never been to visit her when they were still at the academy either. Even though you could see the Uchiha colors well, he found it cozy and nice. There were some pictures hanging on the walls and he had to admit that Akina was beaming in every picture.

He had to smile at some of them when he saw the decorated heads. Even about Sasuke's picture he had to grin. She had probably annoyed him quite often with it. What he could also see well was that her big brother was looking at him with full love. How could it be possible that he became so cold-hearted? "Sometimes I miss days like this," he heard Akina say, watching him a bit. "I always had a lot of fun and even if my father was strict, I know he was happy to see me like this."

"Doesn't seem that way to me, though," Neji admitted as he looked at her father. "He was the head and didn't show his feelings openly. It was rare to see but his little gestures always proved me wrong.", Akina smiled and placed the bouquets of flowers in the vases. "When I awakened my Sharingan. He did everything to make sure I wouldn't get into trouble. When I think about it, it's kind of crazy to have a sharingan at almost three years old," she laughed and Neji widened his eyes.

He knew she had her sharingan early on but he didn't realize it came so early with her. "How did it come about?" he asked. Briefly, Akina pondered. "I don't know. I only remember that the Kyubi attacked the village and I saw injured and on dead."

 Slightly worried, Neji looked at his best friend. "Don't look at me so worried. I'm fine, aren't I?", Akina laughed shortly and took two bouquets of flowers. "Nah come on.", she said and grabbed his wrist. "Where are we going?" he asked as Akina pulled him after her. "You'll see."