☆ 45. Chapter 45 (9)

Chapter 45: The Young Master of the Aristocratic Family & the Tyrannical King (9)

At night, the Ning family is brightly lit.

The maids were orderly and presented all kinds of delicacies like flowing water.

The one who had the biggest reaction when Ning Chen came home this time was Ning Chen's stepmother Tian Nongyu.

Daqi has always respected the eldest son inheritance system. When Ning Chen was summoned to the palace by Qin Yu, Tian Nongyu happily went to the temple to burn incense and worship Buddha for several days.

Now, her son Ning Jin can legitimately inherit everything of the Ning family.

Unexpectedly, after entering the palace, Ning Chen could still linger and talk about coming back.

Tian Nongyu was already prepared for Ning Chen to die in the palace, but she suddenly heard the news that Ning Chen was coming back. She was so angry that she threw several celadon vases.

Although Tian Nongyu was very angry about this matter, he didn't care about it now.

After a while, candidates from all over the country will gather in the capital to prepare for the imperial examination. Tian Nongyu's precious son Ning Jin passed the imperial examination last year and is planning to take part in the imperial examination this year.

Tian Nongyu personally prepared the dishes for Ning Jin and looked at Ning Jin lovingly: "Jin'er, eat more. If you need anything during this period, just tell your mother directly." She was eating quietly on the side

. When the head of the Ning family heard Tian Nongyu mentioning the imperial examination, he also said: "You should prepare well during this period. Although the examination papers are written by His Majesty himself, the official who evaluates them is not Your Majesty. I have prepared your I left my name and handwriting to them, and they will adapt accordingly when the time comes. If possible, even the number one scholar will be no problem."

Ning Jin heard his father say this and nodded confidently: "I will prepare well for the exam. Let's work hard to make our Ning family proud of our ancestors."

Daqi's imperial examination is fair, after all, it has almost no restrictions on the candidates' origins, as long as no one in your family has broken the law three generations back.

But it can indeed be said that there is inequality. When reviewing the examination papers, the examiners can see the candidates' names and place of origin.

Therefore, some people say that if a child from a poor family can pass the exam, it will be like burning incense to his ancestors. If you take the exam further, it depends on whether your family has background and connections.

Every time the results of the Beijing Examination are announced, the people on the list are indeed without exception, almost all of them are children of aristocratic families.

The people of Daqi also know these hidden rules of the examination, but there is no way. If you want to get ahead, the only way is the imperial examination.

Ning Chen ate quietly. At this family dinner called Jie Feng, he was regarded as a transparent person.

Listening to the words of the family of three opposite, who seemed to have regarded the No. 1 Scholar as their own, Ning Chen couldn't help but sneer in his heart.

The head of the Ning family seemed to be aware of his neglect of Ning Chen. He looked at Ning Chen impatiently and said, "You still don't plan to take the imperial examination this year, do you?" Ning Chen nodded in response