Chapter 34: Across Mountains and Seas (2)

As a person, sometimes the words he says are too straight for anyone to catch.

This is still the case for a bunch of men with bad mouths in the past, not to mention Yin Guo, who has always spoken kindly. However, she has learned to be good, and she just depends on the scenery.

"No more words?" The man beside her was still teasing her.

Get it cheap and sell it well... Yin Guo pointed to the car window and changed the subject: "Look, the rain seems to be less."

Lin Yiyang was still smiling.

Forget it, don't tease her anymore, if you're in a hurry, you still have to coax her back.

The watermarks on the windshield are getting smaller and smaller, much better than before.

The rain on the island has always come as soon as you say it, and there is no reluctance to leave it. Ten minutes later, the sky cleared and the sun was dazzling.

His original plan was to go to the station first, see that she was in good spirits, and temporarily changed his mind. Drive her straight to the dormant volcano more than 4,000 meters above sea level.

Before going up the mountain, he left a private dressing room for Yin Guo and asked her to put on thick clothes first. He was alone on the edge of the road, with his back to the car, looking at the vast grassy hillside. The landscape here is much better, at least the land is no longer charred cooling magma, but large swaths of green grass and half-dry bushes.

There are no beasts on the big island, and the direct result of the ecological imbalance is that there are too many wild goats.

When Yin Guo was buttoning his jeans, he kept looking through the car window at the flocks of wild goats. There were hundreds of them, nibbling on the undulating grass, and there were goats' bones in the depression not far away.

"Rainbow." Yin Guo jumped out of the car and pointed to the neon across the mountains in the distance to show him.

It was the first rainbow she had seen on the island, and after a few hours, the seventh rainbow was no longer uncommon.

"This is the Rainbow State," he pointed to a car that had just passed by, and asked Yin Guo to carefully look at the license plate, except for the number, it was a rainbow sign, "You can try to see several times a day, people around me. At most fourteen times a day."

It's not fresh anymore.

After a short rest at the foot of the mountain, the two went to the visitor center, which is more than 2,000 meters away, and drank hot drinks to keep warm. He wanted Yin Guo to get used to it for half an hour first, so as not to rush to the plateau and his body could not stand it.

Seeing that she responded well, he was relieved to take her to the peak of more than 4,000 meters.

The higher you go, the worse the road conditions are. It's all sand and no guardrails protect it. Fortunately, he had experience and rented a four-wheel-drive off-road vehicle with good climbing ability, and he was also good at driving on mountain roads, and he reached the peak at noon very smoothly.

In the cold wind close to minus zero, Lin Yiyang pulled her and then climbed to the top of the mountain. The snow in April was so thin that the soil could not be covered in some places, and all that was exposed was brown volcanic soil.

This is the closest place on Earth to the Martian landscape. Above the clouds, it is desolate and quiet.

Lin Yiyang was looking for an angle to let her see the distant active crater, and in the distance, she could see the crimson flames emitting white smoke at the end of the mountain. In front of you, on this peak, there are more than a dozen spherical and cylindrical white buildings scattered on the top of the mountain. Is it the only equipment on this peak? Or a building?